New Member Follow User Gallery

currently saving up and waiting till i can get one myself but holy cow i cant wait now that level of detail is insane it even caught the fabric detail also really nice sculpt

So excited i think the grey material will make it look even better though

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

I decided to finish up my Bill Bones sculpt based on the old NC Wyeth painting. I thought it would be a really good project to dive in to the potential of the FormLabs printer with. I'm printing this at 1/6 scale (12 inches in height) with the intent of molding and casting it. I just can't over the quality of the FormLabs product. Especially for the price. It's just amazing. I printed out his scarf last night because I wanted to see how far I could reasonably push the detail. It's incredible. The only draw back is obviously with the scaffold type support system, the detail would suffer where the part was suspended in the printer. But with some intelligent cutting and keying, there are ways of supporting the parts so you won't lose crucial detail. This thing is awesome

]

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

dope as f@#%! I have had the same issue with both, amping the detail and the supports. Like you said, just gotta plan things out. Great print!

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Recently took a trip to Paris where I spent a lot of time in the Louvre and the Musee D'Orsay. I came back super inspired by all the clay sketches and maquettes. The had a sense of life and vitality in them that you don't often see in the larger more finished pieces. I did this over the weekend in about two hours with no use of symmetry. I really enjoyed it. It felt like I was exercising a part of my mind that was artistically lacking. Symmetry can make you lazy I guess. Anyway I had a lot of fun doing this.

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Im thrilled I was given the opportunity to sculpt another Frazetta girl. This one is based on his watercolor painting called 'The Teaser'. To be produced by Level 52 Studios. Always fun to sculpt these

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Always great to see those shapes in 3d. Great work!

New Member Follow User Gallery

wow , great work
    - Come si dice quando fa festa tra due giorni di festa
    - mai far la barba in barba ad un barbaro

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

warning: enormous work dump. Its been too long since I posted on here. Ive been extremely busy with both commercial and personal work. I dont feel alive unless Im sculpting 60 hours a week haha. I recently bought another FDM printer and Ive been experimenting with coating these prints in wax. It feels really good to be combining my traditional and digital skills in the most practical way possible. Im hoping to get a couple of my personal pieces in bronze soon. Thanks again pixologic for helping the creativity flowwww...

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Here's the DVA I worked on for Blizzard with Dom Qwek. He did the mech and i did the pilot. painted by Laurel Austin. All based on game assets of course.

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Here's a fan art sculpt of Twitch from League of Legends. Sculpted in zbrush and printed on my form2.

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

More personal work. Most of it printed on my FDM and then sculpted over or recast in wax..

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Vol'Jin bust I sculpted for the Blizzard charity auction. I roughed him out in zbrush, printed him on the Form2 and the recast in wax for finishing. Once again.. best of both worlds. You absolutely can not bring textures like that from the digital world in to the real world yet. At the end of the day nothing beats the human hand.

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Here's that pinup girl I finally finished. My own design. Printed by Level52. Might put this into production at some point. She was fun.

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Swordsman of Mars for Level 52 based on the Frazetta painting. 1/4 scale!

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Here's the Scott Campbell fan art piece I sculpted in zbrush. I cant remember who printed her but the magnificent paint was done by Vicente Torres..

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819 LastLast