Senior Member Follow User Gallery

amazing stuff as always.
    keep em coming.

-r
    rasmus warming
    rasmusw.dk

Very nice shapes! This girl deserves much better visualization!

I've had a long, personal artistic drought. I've done very little art for myself for the last decade. I feel like I haven't been in touch with myself artistically since college honestly. Even the work that I have done in my spare time was more about learning new techniques and ways of doing things rather than self expression. Staying relevant in the collectibles industry is not easy and it demands constant updates to your workflow and portfolio. I've also faced a ton of personal issues that held me back for a long time. I recently got remarried and moved across the country. I spent a year and a half working for a small collectibles company in Idaho and when I got the sense that things weren't going well there, I decided to move on again. NOT an easy decision because I had really committed myself to the idea that working for a small company would give me more freedom of expression. But it wasn't meant to be. Amazingly enough, at the same time things were going down hill in Idaho, a job opened up at Blizzard Entertainment that matched my skill set and the stars lined up for me. So now I'm working every day with the super talented Dominic Qwek and Brian Fay at Blizzard. Holy crap I can't believe I can even say that. Haha. There have been so many road blocks and frustrations through the 13 years that I have been sculpting professionally but I can say confidently that I was able to use all those situations to grow and learn. But anyway the point right now is that I finally feel like I'm getting a grip in my personal artwork again. My new wife and I spent 5 weeks in France last year and it was so inspiring to see all the art in and around Paris. I came back to the US with so many ideas buzzing around in my head. It took the better part of a year to digest all of this and start a new path for my personal art, but a couple days ago things started clicking when I was recalling how much I loved the little wax sculpts that Degas did. So I just pulled a zsphere on to the screen and started sculpting. No symmetry, no tricks. Just pure sculpting. I'm not sure what I will do with these little sketches. I'm thinking I might print them low res on an FDM machine and the recast them in wax for a hand pass. Maybe do some resin casting? I Dunno. All I know is that I feel so much better now. I'm actually enjoying what I'm doing and I feel a great amount of freedom. haha If you read all the way through this, I appreciate it. I know a lot of people can relate to this to type of frustration. We all face adversity on differing levels. But I can tell you that if you just keep working your ass off, good things will eventually happen. It just takes guts to keep going. Cheers.

I wish you all the best for your future journey
    seems like you have the guts to stick to your passion which is a precious thing! I love your sketches and I'm really curious what you will do with them!
    Keep going and all the best!
    artstation page ---> https://www.artstation.com/artist/fynngb
    my deviantart page ---> http://grimnor.deviantart.com/
    my youtube channel ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/FynnGB

Well said and pretty inspiring. Thanks for sharing the thoughts.
    If you want to print it and sculpt, take a look at this:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ampaign=buffer
    Pretty neat, huh?

i got through the whole read and really really feel your artistic pain... i feel like i've been at the bottom of the hole for quite some time now.
    hope to get up soon.

i really like your new sketches. looking forward for more from you.

ps. nebular: that is really awesome.

-r
    rasmus warming
    rasmusw.dk

Rasmus- its so weird to hear that coming from someone like you. I've been looking at your work since I joined this forum and it always looks so cool. Without knowing the backstory of the artist involved, its easy to assume that it comes up roses every time for someone like yourself. I remember something an art teacher said to me though - 'If it looks easy, it probably wasn't.' I'm always interested in hearing the backstories of other artists for exactly this reason. People that face down adversity and keep going. That's super inspiring.

Nebular - Yeah! My friend Brian and I have been eyeballing that kickstarter. I really hope it works. I've used FDM printers quite a bit so it would rad if this stuff worked.

Here is my maquette from last night.

Heres my maquette from last night. These are so fun to sculpt.

I love the motion of your sculpts!
    Doing stuff just for yourself or art sake is what make sould grow. You are very productive. Do you plan to finish soemthing you recently sketched?

thanks so much. It really feels good to just start with a zsphere and push and pull shapes around without worrying over noodly detail and symmetry. Just getting the rhythm and proportions that you want is very gratifying. I would like to take these sketches to another level. I really want to make them physical in the end. Whether it's printing them and reworking in wax or doing pouring some resin... maybe even some small bronze casts. who knows. I'm just having fun right now and I'm sure I'll figure out the next step as I continue working. Thanks again. And if I can be of any help to you please let me know.

love the last one, nice gesture and story!

Thanks so much. I really love your work I was JUST looking at your Morning Breeze sculpt. the forms are so strong. It needs to be a bronze!

I was thrilled to get a notification from Pixologic that I was nominated for a community award. Its moments like these that make all the late nights and hard work worth it. I truly appreciate being part of a community that encourages growth and mutual encouragement.

Here's my latest maquette...

wow congratulations!! really happy to hear that
    I really love how natural your sketches feel! thanks a lot for uploading, it's really inspiring
    keep going
    artstation page ---> https://www.artstation.com/artist/fynngb
    my deviantart page ---> http://grimnor.deviantart.com/
    my youtube channel ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/FynnGB

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 ... LastLast