ZBrushCentral

Monster Thread

Hi
Long time with no post. I decided to get back into Zbrush and post here my new attempts… with hopefully not too many fails.
Starting with this Dynamesh test. Made during my free time. Will try and maybe texture it.

A simple process screenshot:

And some ideas to go further with this one. Don’t know yet. Any thoughts? Original, B or C?..

Attachments

Thoughts-Update.jpg

Views A.jpg

Views B.jpg

Views C.jpg

Process A.jpg

Very cool! I like C! Also your small detailing is awesome!

Thanks a lot!

Really like the alien design you made here! Great work man, I like the detail on it. Thats where my question comes from, im working on my second character currently so i am quite new to Zbrush, and therefore I don’t know a lot about the program yet. Now I was wondering if you would like to show me how you created that skin detail on your character, I really like it, and I don’t think you sculpted it by hand. Thank you in advance.

C without a doubt! This is a super cool piece, I really like it. I would def take it further and refine it, I cant quite put my finger on what I would refine tho, I guess thats a good thing! Great work

Thank you.
For the skin, it’s a mix between alpha at low intensity and hand sculpt to focus and emphasis the details I like. And some parts are only by hand. You just have to be patient I guess…

Thank you.
I will try and push this monster anyway. Not yet decided…

Oke great, than i guess i will just have to give it a try. Thanks!

Anyway learning from your mistakes is the best way to improve yourself…so let’s jump into it! :slight_smile:

Great ideas

Thank you.

A quick tribute to the wonderful work of Leslie Van Den Broeck (“Polydrawer”). I followed his thread and great tutorial on “Pumba” and I wanted to give it a try with another Character that he didn’t do yet. :wink:
This is my first attempt of “Cartoony Monster Style”. Not as good, but that’s the way we learn…
You can find his thread here: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?173473-Daily-Disney-Doodles&highlight=disney+doodles
and the “Pumba” Tutorial here: [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdOyMyQ4SUA&list=UUj0txdppW_BypK9lwqP_O2A&index=12

](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdOyMyQ4SUA&list=UUj0txdppW_BypK9lwqP_O2A&index=12)

Your first design is super cool, and you did a great job on the creaturebox guy aswell :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot! More to come soon. :smiley:

Great job sleepyhead with the creature box sculpt. Those guys always produce the best creatures :+1:.

@truubluu > Thank you. Will try and do more of this.

I found the time to work on the monster. Here are some Polypaint screenshots within Zbrush:

More to come soon with final BPR Render & Multipass compositing.
Thank You.

The final renders. Hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do…

beesub-Nekromantic Xenomorph-ZBC-02.jpg

beesub-Nekromantic Xenomorph-ZBC-01.jpg

beesub-Nekromantic Xenomorph-ZBC-03.jpg

beesub-Nekromantic Xenomorph-ZBC-04.jpg

scary creature, like the presentation too

@LVXIFER > Thank you.

New creature I am working on…
More views and renders soon.
Crits are welcome. Thank you.