ZBrushCentral

My Sculpts! (*some nudity)

Hey everyone, my name’s Mike. Ive been working with ZBrush for over 3 years now. Figured it’s time to finally start uploading them here to get some critique / feedback.

Enjoy!

Here’s what I’m recently working on, some Mech-Suit character.
The concept I originally made for it can be found here (I strayed from it during the zbrush-sketching stage): http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd358/mbakerman/New_Jan_Arms_20_zpse405e080.jpg

The boots were just imported meshes from 3ds max.

Currently I’m retopologizing the thighs and abdomen area. I’ll probably make another separate arm speed sculpt since the one I did had geometry problems during the sculpting phase. The neck/upper back will probably be heavy re-tweaking in 3ds max.

Attachments

bodyback34_2113.jpg

bodyfront_2113.jpg

bodyturnaround_2113.jpg

So some grey blobs pass as nudity now, huh?
The sculpting is nice, but I personally don’t like the emaciated look of the body.

I didn’t want to put it out there as “non-nudity” in case someone would get offended.
The base body sculpt was really made just for proportions, so I didn’t go into detail on it.
I’m glad you thought it was emaciated, cuz that was what I was going for, :). A very uber-petite kind of frame.
Thanks for the compliments and feedback.

You should stand for your principles and convictions not be concerned about peoples feelings. What if I get offended by your name? Or your face? What do you do then, stop existing?
This madness about caring about offending people’s feelings needs to stop, nobody has (or should have) the right to not be offended. The day that “right” is going to be put in place, it’ll be the day freedom of speech will have met its end.

I appreciate your concern, and on a grand philosophical perspective I do think you’re right, but honestly, to me it’s not a big deal. It’s not only just possibly offending someone, but you have to think about the “NSFW” factor when people are browsing through ZBrushCentral at work to kill some time on breaks; I know I do. Anyways, just following the rules is fine by me.

If you’d like to continue this debate, please PM/contact me instead. I don’t want to get my sketchbook thread off-topic.

Thanks,
Mike

Sure, I can understand your reasoning behind the decision, however I’d argue that it’s not even NSFW as they’re grey blobs which can be identified as ‘boobs’ only because of their position on that body which is itself kind of a shapeless blob, fact that brings us on an ‘on topic’ course.
Of course, since you don’t intend to sculpt an organic body, it’s alright to have a shapeless blob as a base for the costume/armor you started to make.
Looking forward to updates.

Here’s a sample of some character sculpts I did at work; just some civilians. Deadlines were an issue, so I handled clothing buttons and fabric in Photoshop just to save some time. I’d like to try applying fabric patterns using ZBrush’s tools in the future.

-Mike

Here’s a sculpt I made over a year ago that I never put up on here. It was for a student film project that ended up not using it, but, was really neat to make this anyways!

wolf_colored_side.jpgfront34_out_2113.jpgback34_2113.jpgfront34_2113.jpg

-MB