ZBrushCentral

u_n_d_e_r_s_c_o_r_e_s_!

Well, it took me almost 6 years but I just realized that IT IS actually possible to type underscores in ZBrush! And without using copy/paste.

Shift+Alt will do the trick!

Though, I am positive that many of you have already discovered this little trick, I figured I would share for the rest of us whose naming conventions have been taking on so much torment and suffering over the years. :stuck_out_tongue:

Attachments

u_n_d_e_r_s_c_o_r_e_s_!.jpg

BEST_THREAD_EVER:o

Thanks for sharing!

zomgg haha that makes life so simple. i been just using goz and renaming through maya

WOOOHOOO!!! No more exporting to rename with underscores for me =)

Thanks for finding this out!!

-Joseph

Lol. That’s hilarious. How did you figure this out Ty? I wish they would make this a little bit easier to accomplish.

In fact, I just stumbled across it typing too fast and making the “mistake”. Pure luck.

H_O_L_Y__S_H_I_T!

Thanks for posting this!
It’s so silly that ZBrush doesn’t let you use underscores by default.

it does not work with me shift+alt:confused:

Hi Mazen,

Are you pressing Shift+Alt and then hitting the regular _ button just to the left of the + on your keyboard?

Hopefully all of those combined will work for ya. :slight_smile:

ya it works many thanks

I feel happy for you, but allow me to ask the probably silly question:
what for do you need these underscores so desperatly?

sings “in the year 2000, in the year 2 thooooousand”

pixologic secrets + 1

dear jake rupert
underscores are the industry standard naming convention used in place of spaces
HAVE_A_NICE_DAY.ztl

I have zbrush 4R7 P3 and still the underscore key does not work correctly… Pressing shift+alt with the underscore key work for me! thanks!

I thank you from all my heart for this tip. It has annoyed me since the I started using Zbrush. :smiley:

nope not for me it don`t lol thanks anyway

Seriously one of the best tips I’ve found. They should plaster this on the cover of the user documentation.

I’m scratching my head; why do we need underscores?

As someone mentioned above, it is a sort of industry standard for naming. I have been places where we couldnt use underscores and used CamelCase instead :wink:

Mac user here…still not working even with shift + alt …anyone else Mac have any tips?