ZBrushCentral

Monkey Business

Well it’s been ages (isn’t it always? :wink: ) but I’ve finally had some time again to work on some personal stuff.

here’s a WIP from a piece based on the guerillas comic by Brahm Revel. The base mesh was done in Maya (and all of the gun) and the details were done in ZBrush. I’ve now done a first pass on the details and will go back and do another pass on all subtools.

Cheers, Maxim

Attachments

BBjZBXgCEAASjND.jpg:large.jpeg

guerillas_WIP02_small.jpg

Really awesome image so far, Maxim! Look forward to more.

Nice! I love the monkey! I think you should make the rectangle with the holes line up with the rocks like in the pic.

I love the attention to detail. Keep up the great work. This looks really good.

This is cool man! can`t wait to see the final result! keep it up!:+1:

This is a really cool model man, very fun! Maybe you could have changed the material before rendering :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind words!

I went a bit further and added some textures and shaders. All of this was rendered in ZBrush and I’m still figuring out the dynafibers but it’s late :smiley:

Also I did a bit of post processing in Photoshop (cigaret and eyes)

Hopefully I will have some time soon to work on the shirt and fur. For now… here it is.

Cheers, M

Guerrilas_update.jpg

woow man :+1:
love it

good work with fibermesh!

Anything with smoking monkeys is automatically awesome. Great job! I especially like the grime on the rifle, and the pedestal is nicely done.

Great piece!

maybe i would make his helmet and gun a bit bigger like if it was dragged from a real soldier?

This is definitly one of the cooler models I’ve seen in a while. Nice work.

Thanks guys! I’m having a lot of fun with this one :smiley:

@jake: Well I’m trying to stay true to the source material (see the first few images) and it might become a bit too cartoon-like otherwise. Appreciate the feedback though!
@turbo: Added more grime for ya!
@omar: cheers!
@ricardo: fiber mesh defintely needs more work, especially the leg. Worked on the textures now and added some plants and ground. The fibers are next!

So here’s tonight’s update:

Guerrilas_update2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers, M

looking great! certainly a strong powerful piece of art!

Looking really good!

Thanks guys, I noticed it was a bit dark (need to calibrate my monitors at home obviously) but that’s all taken care off. What I would really like though is to get a strong rim light on him, in ZBrush. Any ideas how to go about that? Suggestions are welcome!

Cheers, M

Ok last update. There is still stuff to do I know… But this is as far as I wanna take it for now. Had fun with it and it served me well on learning some of the new features of ZBrush.

So I did some more dramatic lighting, added some more foliage and redid the fur on his arms and legs.

Guerillas_Render.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers, M

Great work:+1:

Excellent work. Love the moody lighting too.