ZBrushCentral

Hellboy sculpt

Hi all,

My long awaited holidays in the mountains are gone cause i have caught some ****ing flu. I dont need to tell you how angry I was about it. Lets say very. But! I have manage to put this anger in to Zbrush and just force the sphere to look like something. I had no idea what its gona be, but it turn out as a…wait for it…Hellboy. Angry Hellboy :). I dont know if I will do some picture with him, but for now the work on this bust keep my mind sane :slight_smile:

Attachments

hellboy_sculpt01_tomas-kral.jpg

And here is a first update from yesterday. I am trying to play with a skin shader a little bit. I am using Arnold renderer and I have to say I am really excited about it.

Also I am playing with an idea of arrested Hellboy :). Mainly becasue I am lazy and I dont want to model body and hands :slight_smile:

Hellboy_TestCompo_001.jpg
Hellboy_TestCompo_003.jpg

Progress on the coat and teeth. I Have to say that I am very unhappy with the result on these. Lots of work to be done!

Hellboy_TestCompo_004.jpg

I really enjoy your take on Hellboy Tomas, keep up the good work:+1:

Cool work! :wink:

Thanks guys…Glad you like it

New progress incoming :slight_smile: I have very little time these days so I am just trying to put it together quickly and tweak the shaders later… Also I am looking forward to work on the hair and beard :stuck_out_tongue:
Hellboy_TestCompo_006.jpg

amazing, i love your version of him - and this comes from a huge hellboy fan :slight_smile: cant wait to see him with a beard

Thanks man I really appreciate it

He is looking really great! I look forward to seeing him progress. What do you think of Arnold so far? I use it at work and I love the results.

• Gerard

I have worked a on the materials a little and add the sign in front of him. There is still no hair on his head, but I am keeping that for the very end. I’m also thinking about putting something interesting on the wall behind him. Dont know what though…maybe a photo collection of other arrested superheroes :slight_smile:

Hellboy_TestCompo_007.jpg

I like the first sculpt against the black background. It’s more dramatic. And it makes more since being a head bust hanging in the air. But, the one where you have him against a height ruler and with a sign in front of him looks strange. It is now a whole scene. With all that stuff, it begs for a body rather than just having him hanging in the air. I know you said you don’t want to do a body, but all you would have to do is add a little more cloth (of his coat) that reaches the bottom of the image. IMHO

Haha, love the design! :+1:

Thanks for your long comment… Of course I will fix the little area down below him, so he will not end up just “hanging in the air” :slight_smile: What I meant with “not doing the whole body” was that I am making this just for this picture so I will not spend my time creating the whole body. Anyway thans again for your opinion, it make sence.

Also I am playing with an idea that he could use his “stone” hand to hold the sign before him and his “human” hand to show the middle finger to the camera. What do you think guys is it too much :slight_smile: ?

I am starting to be happy with most of the shaders/modeling/textures. I may still adjust the lighting and of course create the goddamn hair. Tell me what you thing about it…

Hellboy_TestCompo_008.jpg

This is ;looking amazing! Top Row quality! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Hahaha best version of Hellboy I’v ever seen!:laughing:
Excellent work!:+1:

I really like the evolution of the piece.

The final picture is excelent!

Reminds me of that green guy from sin city. think its the head shape

Amazing mate!!! the character design are awesome, the render as well. can you post the render setting pls?