Senior Member Follow User Gallery

http://konartist3d.deviantart.com/ar...et=70#comments

hopefully there will be a stable win8 version available sooner or later

i am using it on the slate7 - without it i would have canceled the zbrush-tablet-experiment

New Member Follow User Gallery

It's a program that allows you to use your fingers to select options / buttons, and moves away from screen when it detects your pen near.

As far as space goes, I used to have a acer w500 with only 32gig and I managed to live with it. just install everything to your SD card. So i honestly think 64gb is fine, just don't expect to have your movie collection / 100 games on it.
    Last edited by wickedeman; 02-17-13 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedeman View Post
    also sketch book pro 6.0 works just fine with pressure sensitivity. seems like the only thing that's holding back the train is zbrush and PS.
    That just about kills my plan to buy the Surface Pro, unless that issue is fixed.

10" is a bit too small for me to see well on. Unless you can make the text a lot larger.

I came across a version of art dock that seems to be working with the windows surface pro. I figured it's worth posting here:

ArtDock Windows Surface Pro:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/micr...rface-pro.html

I've only tested Artdock with Sketch book pro 6.0 so far.

MS Window SPro Pen Pressure issue:
    (been following this post for progress on pen pressure.....seeems to be coming soon.)
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/s...=1361467583379
    Last edited by wickedeman; 02-21-13 at 09:56 AM.

how about starting a crowdfunding project for a tablet with cintiq tech, customizeable buttons and stripes and a reasonable size like A4

it´s about time, if you ask me...

Red face

Hi Guys i have a surface Pro, and yes zbrush is runing on it without problems say for the pressure sensitivity. I know MS is working on drivers for Photoshop, but i'm not sure if the guys at zbrush are also working with MS to get the pressure sensitivity to work with zbrush. the screen on the surface pro is 10.6 clear HD which means it can do 1080p screen res. If you guys want me to port some screen caps on how zbrush fits on the surface pro screen let me know, and i will post some screen caps. But from what i see most of the zbrush interface fits fine.
    Last edited by Onslaught_2000; 03-11-13 at 07:20 AM.

Member Follow User Gallery

Default No Pressure

Thanks for all the info on this thread. Without Pressure Pen support on the Surface pro, that is indeed a deal breaker
    Perhaps the mobil Wacom Tablet will be the answer to our prayers. Programmable buttons on the bezel would be ideal.

Anyone test Artdoc on Windows 8 on the Samsung Slate or Asus EP121?

Quote Originally Posted by trancerobot View Post
    That's what I'm wondering... There probably isn't a way yet....
    I seem to remember a script or program that displayed the common buttons like Alt, Ctrl etc on-screen. Can anyone confirm that?

I just remembered, it's called "Art Doc" app.

For what it's worth, I received a response from Surface's twitter account a few days ago regarding an update on the stylus drivers:

https://twitter.com/surface/status/315155179756457984

Panos Panoy announced on Twitter today that there will be pressure sensitivity for Photoshop "in the coming months". No specific mention of wintab support. Honestly, I think it's going to be up to Pixologic to support the new API's that MS is using for the Surface or else pressure sensitivity will never come.

Any word on if that's in the plans, Pixologic folks??

I guess that the anounced wacom tablet (coming in summer) will make all of these questions regarding microsoft surface obsolete - and I really like the idea of having a tablet with hotkeys and touchstripes

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMaehring View Post
    I guess that the anounced wacom tablet (coming in summer) will make all of these questions regarding microsoft surface obsolete - and I really like the idea of having a tablet with hotkeys and touchstripes
    Maybe, but until they release some concrete info with actual specs, it's hard to say that thing is going to be better than a Surface. Plus, knowing Wacom, it will be $1800. I don't think MS is dumb enough to hang a whole segment of users out to dry when they're trying to gain market share in the tablet space, but I do think it's reasonable for them to expect developers to start using newer/better API's. That's why I'm wondering if Pixologic has this on the roadmap. It would be a shame to not be able to use these two products together.

Quote Originally Posted by Vastarien View Post
    I don't think MS is dumb enough to hang a whole segment of users out to dry when they're trying to gain market share in the tablet space

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234511 ... LastLast