ZBrushCentral

Aviation Models

This is my first post here on ZBC!
I tried Zbrush to see if I could use it to finish some of my aviation models; I’m not an artist as most of you here, but Zbrush lets me pretend.
Major components were constructed in Rhinoceros and TSplines, and consist of many separate solids which are blended with DynaMesh to form the component, resulting in beautifully filleted parts with even topology. Some further tweaking, noise, and Poly-Painting resulted in this model of a Continental A-65-8F aircraft engine. BPR render.
Rhinoceros has the precision and Zbrush adds the finishing touch.

Attachments

A-65 SC 07.jpg

A-65 SC 08.jpg

A-65 SC 12.jpg

A-65 SC 13.jpg

Hello, welcome here.
nice work on the engine. :wink:

Superb!

Could you post some pictures of the based components you used from Rhino?

Thats great…

Outstanding work on the engine. I also do, almost exclusively, hard surface work with my 3D tools, mostly Zbrush, and I also don’t consider myself an artist. It just doesn’t seem the same as the fabulous artists here at ZBC that are able to envision their characters/scenes and then are able to create that mental image in 3D. I’m typically just trying to make a 3D object that looks like a real life object. Anyway, I love the work you’ve done on that motor and prop. Kudos.

Ezra

Top row

amazing!

This is a great combination of programs because your results are superb! A few ZBrush questions here. Did you make the elaborate wiring using curves in ZBrush? If so, did you make your own insert mesh brushes? Also did you use Noisemaker for your metal textures? Thank you

perfect

WOAH!! Very, very, very nice. Excellent work. :+1:small_orange_diamond:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Very fine work … did you render in Zbrush? :smiley: great first post!

Cheers, David

Thank You all for the kind comments.
Sebcesoir, I’ll post some images of the Rhino objects tomorrow morning.
ArtBot, The secondary wiring was done with an IMM brush created with sections from (you guessed it!) Rhinoceros along with a Curve stroke; I’ll post more details tomorrow. NoiseMaker was used to add the casting-like surface.
Chalkman, These are BPR renders with two standard lights.

Here’s an image of the Rhino working model and the IMM brush used for the secondary wiring. Thanks
Oops- The brush is an “invalid file”- any suggestions? It is 267KB; too large?

Attachments

A-65 Capture.jpg

Diamond Hose Brush.jpg

Limit is 500 Kb. may not be a supported type but you can put in a .zip file.

Thanks Doug! Here’s the zipped brush.

Attachments

Diamond Hose IMM Brush.zip (170 KB)