ZBrushCentral

mm sketchthread

hi,

this is a Oryctes nasicornis - rhinoceros beetle or rhino beetle

modeled, textured + rendered in zbrush, composited in photoshop, took me about 3 days to finish

Attachments

K02_02_02_SH2cr.jpg

K06_02_02_shcr.jpg

always loved those things, i had one of this beautifil creature alive some times ago…excellent work and model

This is fantastic!

very impressive

Excellent work. :wink:

That’s a ZBrush render?

Wow!

Should get Top Row just for how much it looks like a raytraced render. Fantastic job!

Can you share your lighting settings?

Outstanding. Well deserving of Top Row when it is put there.

Amazing work!!!

Would you be so kind to give us some render tips?

TurboSquid has really nice Rhino Beetles: Yours is the best I’ve seen anywhere. Great!

Beautifully done. BPR for the win!

Magnificent! Top Row work! :smiley:

Cheers, David

hi,

thanks for your kind comments!

here´s a quick sketch of the composition and the passes that I´ve used + descripton of what I used them for in photoshop

it´s a very basic setup - I used the wax preview material as a base, then applied the other shaders/passes to create a more interesting look.

In my view the ZBrush renderer offers some quick ways to get spec(tac)ular results, which I really appreciate - but I am missing a logical way to deal with specularity and gloss, using maps or polypaint.

NHK_Comp_Setup_01.jpg

cheers m

Superb!!

…of a collection? :cool:

Hi,

this is a Realtime Character with 25k tris (without rifle)

sculpted and ID-polypainted in ZBrush, Retopo in Topgun, UV´s and rigging in Maya (Advanced Skeleton for posing), baked and textured in Substance Designer and Substance Painter

head is a scan by ten24

hope you like it!

SA_compr_00.jpgSA_compr_01.jpgSA_compr_02.jpgSA_compr_04.jpgSA_compr_05.jpgSA_compr_08.jpg

and some more lowres-clays + wires and some dirt variations:

Yup, I like it very much!:+1: :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Really impressive. :+1:

thanks!

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: :+1: :slight_smile: