ZBrushCentral

Blood Elf Engineer - BLizzard Art Contest Character 2012 WIPHi Polycount! [B]Critiqu

Hi ZBrushCentral!

Critique and Feedback requested, if you can :slight_smile:

Brian Choi here (Junior, University of Southern California. IMD). Gonna lock down and hurt myself through this Blizzard Art Contestduring the duration of my Winter Break before I get back to work on Core Overload.

My idea is just doing a NPC Blood Elf Engineer who relies on reappropriating arcane/fel/etc magic to power equipment (guns, cannon, etc) due to a lack of aptitude with magic. Specifically, this Blood Elf is/has been adventuring in Pandaria. Perhaps this is some Hero NPC as well, one might meet during a raid encounter.

Requirements:
Max 6000 triangles
1024 Diffuse texture

Intended WorkFlow
Concept > Rough sculpt Zbrush > Retopo and create base sculpt mesh > Sculpt High Poly > Retopologize for Final Mesh > UV/Texture

LATEST UPDATE:

Attachments

StartupDocument.jpg

Blood Elf Engineer Thumbnails 20.jpg

I like where this is going!

Oof. Apologies for not updating this with all the WIPs.

I’ve sent the submission in a while ago on January 15th. Here’s thelink for the main WIP thread @ Polycount, my main haunt since I mostly want to do art for games.

Can anyone help me with the following?
In regards to ZBrush related topics, I am still absolutely confused about what the workflow is to make hard surface armors, items, etc in ZBrush, or in a mixed ZBrush/Maya workflow. I don’t want to drop money to buy that eat3D tutorial on Hard Surface in Zbrush if I can help it, but I feel like I need to since there doesn’t seem to be proper video documentation online about the process. I need to make more portfolio pieces soon, so I was going to move forward with a really personal character I’ve been working at for a while and give it 3D life.

Anyways, here are the WIPs. ZBrush mainly served as a retopology base for me to work from. Never really managed to make a nice high-poly version of the model :frowning:

ErasamEmberheart_BloodElfWarArtificer_BrianChoi_USC_2013_small.jpg

nice! gread work! :+1: