ZBrushCentral

Question: How do I dock or temporarily expand a menu?

Hi!

I’ve been trying to expand/maximize any menu (for example the render menu) or docking it to the side tray, but I have not been able to.

I have been able to maximize a menu that IS already docked to the tray, but ZBrush crashes when I try the command [IMaximize, Render:, 1] when the render menu is NOT docked to the side tray.

The end goal is to expand a menu and scroll it down to an interface item of my choice. I have also been unsuccessful using
[IShow, Render:Bpr Ao] // I don’t get this command to work on any interface item.
[IPress, Render:] //Works with interface items like buttons, but does not seem to work on menus
[IClick,867,30] //Works with a menu that is docked (if I use other variable values). In this case i have omitted an interface item path, since I guess the menus are in the “root”. The XY mouse coordinates are supposed to “hit” the render menu, but might differ depending on interface layout.

I would love some help on this. I have been banging my head against this problem, which I thought would be easy to solve.

Click the menu, in upper left is symbol, mouse over, it changes to mover. Drag to sidebar and release. More info on scripting is available here.
>> http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index.php/Special:Search?search=zscript&go=Go

That does not really answer my question. I’m looking for a scripting approach to solve this -not doing it manually. I have been looking at the scripting documentation quite extensively and that is why I’m posting a question on the forum. Thank you for your answer though.

You could turn on script recording, perform your routine/s once and then save it; Then you have the code to look at. There are limits though, to what can be done with ZScript.

I thought that might do the trick as well, but it doesn’t. It seems that ZScript and macro recording does not record actions like [IClick]. It is really wierd that this does not work, since I can query the id of the render menu (29500) and query the title of the menu with [IGetTitle, 29500] (returns “Render”).

It records IPress, what’s the difference?

[IPress] is basicly the function you use when you want to klick a button type item.

[IClick] is used for clicking or dragging/scrolling within a menu or interface item (such as a menu). You can pass on coordinate values to this command, which you can’t with [IPress]