ZBrushCentral

DOTA2 > Lone Druid > high res version (WIP)

-----LATEST UPDATE-----

(CLICK ON THE IMAGE FOR LARGER IMAGE)

======================================================

DOTA 2 > LONE DRUID > HIGH RES VERSION

Started a high res version of one of the characters of DOTA2. Been busy for the last while and getting back to it now. Thought I’ll post it so people can give some input. Still rough WIP and missing some of the parts.

Started on the color(very rough), but not worth showing as it’s more distracting at the moment than anything else.

Concept from Valve: (click on images for higher res version)

Would love some c&c’s from the zbrush folks! :smiley:

Attachments

tumblr_mez1vu8J8d1rsh99ko1_500.jpg

dota2-08.jpg

LoneDruid_concept.jpg

looks fantastic… the presentation render could be more favorable… I feel like Im trying to hard to see the model

Awesome work. Is the back of his tunic already finished then? It appears a bit plain. Especially compared to the rest of the sculpt. I love the textures on the wood and leather pauldron.
~CG

Wonderful characters. My only comment would be lack of depth in the render. My eye does not know what to be drawn to. Perhaps some focal blur and more fog or haze behind the focus point. The colors are great :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thank for the crits!

BlackMath:
I was in a rush to make the renders and only afterwards I realized that the AO from the render made everything quite a lot darker. I’ll make the next renders much lighter.

CyberGolum:
Sorry, should have been more clear with the title of the thread. The model is still WIP status. I haven’t touched the back of his tunic yet. First wanted to get the front working. I’ll start giving that area a bit more attention :wink:
The wood needs to be reworked as I stretched the details, but thanks for the compliment. I also need to make some of the leather texture bigger and more clear. Haven’t done a wear and tear pass on most of the assets.

Blaine91555:

Wonderful characters. My only comment would be lack of depth in the render. My eye does not know what to be drawn to. Perhaps some focal blur and more fog or haze behind the focus point. The colors are great :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Just want to clarify that the concept is not mine, but Valve’s for DOTA2. Like I said to CyberGolum, this model is still a WIP. I’ll definitely work on the final render, but for now I just do quick renders to get some input.

WIP or finished, it’s an awesome job either way. I’m a huge fan of dwarves so I can’t wait to see you finish this up.
~CG