New Member User Gallery

Default Bits n Bobs...

Hi All,

I've been a big fan of Zbrush Central for some time. This is my first post here.

Being a big fan of Barontieri's work and an avid supporter of Steambot Studios, I thought I'd try and tackle one of their original concepts. This one is of a futuristic racer which I came across via their Steambot book of awesomeness. I hope I did it justice! Done entirely in Zbrush from a basic dynamesh, then retopo'd seperate sections, and detailed. Finally, I textured him over the last couple of days and posed him for the final here... I like to think it's a candid snap of him preparing for an upcoming race, smoking a cigar to relax, all the while maintaining focus as his ship is prepared. Rendering was done using BPR in Zbrush and comped in After Effects. Enjoy!

Senior Member User Gallery

Bravo! Very nice first post.

Cheers,
    David
    And so we came forth and once again beheld the stars.
    - William Styron, Darkness Visible

My New Photography Website:

Http://davidchalkgraphics.com

Member User Gallery

Hey there, thats really good! I like the sculpting and textureing you have done. Fine job, I dont know the artist you spoke of but i think the helmet looks almost like is would be suffocating for the pilot. Regardless its a good piece!
    "Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago" -- from For Scirnis

the pose looks a bit off... It's pretty difficult to stand against the wall with your right arm on your back and feel comfortable.... Try to use a more standard pose such as putting the right arms down to the side and the left hand closer to the mouth... or basically try to pick up a stick and see what kind of pose you can come up with in real life... Sorry, the animator side of me just kicked in :C

anyway modeling wise, the transition on the left elbow is a little bit too smooth. Yes I know he's wearing a suit but there should be compression between the elbow.. Try to give him a little bit of emotion instead of heaving him staring in the mid air.

overall cool model keep it up man
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/carson.yuen

Cool image.

New Member User Gallery

Default Duddle Doodle...

Hey All. Here's a little sculpt I've been messing around with in my spare time... Based on a character by Jonny Duddle. Built from Dynamesh spheres, sculpted, textured and rendered entirely in Zbrush. Comped in After Effects. Enjoy!

Last edited by mobotato; 03-26-13 at 01:22 PM.

New Member User Gallery

Default Update...

Ok... I figured I was finished, but of course with some spare time at work I decided to push this little guy a bit further. I have touched up some of the textures as well as adding some shoes. I toyed with the hair a bit too... God bless fibermesh! All done in Zbrush, including renders. My site has a couple of progress shots if you're interested. Lighting and shaders would be good to tackle next, but ol' Father Time will dictate that! Enjoy!

User Gallery

Really nice! Reminds me of the British actor, Lionel Jeffries.

I would think again about using the lens flare, though.

New Member User Gallery

Default A little hard-surface experiment...

Hi all. Here's a car I sculpted purely in Zbrush. You might recognise a few insert meshes courtesy of the fine folk on this forum. It was just a little test for me to get more comfortable using clipping brushes and panel loops. It started out as a faithful BRM sculpt from blueprints, but some of those insert brushes are wayyyyyyyyy too fun not to throw into the mix! Ha ha. All up, it took me about 16 hours from scratch using Zbrush primitives, and the main car shell coming from a Dynamesh sphere. Renderd with BPR and comped in After Effects. Enjoy!

Love it! Great Zbrush hardsurface modeling!
    Fran
    Available for Freelance
    ][HazardBrush][-][Facebook][))Twitter][

Outstanding !!! it looks really great.

Ezra

To think, a car like this was but a 'dream' to make in ZBrush not to long ago. And now, WOW! That is totally AWSOME. Please do tell how you went about making it (or at least some tips??). I swear, when I first saw it, I thought "Maya or 3DS". Way too cool.
    http://dragondragon.deviantart.com/
    "Focus on what is working. If you focus on what isn't working you'll get more of the same."
    Jane Garton (Author-A Thousand Paths To HOPE)

I was thinking the same thing as Dragon. ZBrush has really grown beyond being just a program for organic sculpting. Great hard-surface work on this automobile. Looks really sharp!
    "We are living on this planet as if we had another one to go to." - unknown

The car is awesome reminds me of one from the Maxon Cinema4D pages, well done, nice to see vehicles done in Zbrush

New Member User Gallery

Hi All. Thanks for the kind replies! I totally agree with you about how far Zbrush has come. It's exciting for me to think how quickly you can produce an idea to a presentable level these days. Once, I would get bogged down in Maya with topology, UV's, etc. Zbrush has managed to bypass a lot of this, with some amazingly efficient tools, and kept the focus more on the idea than the details.

Dragon: I can post up some tutorials in the near future about how I went creating some of the shapes. One thing I would recommend is jumping on google and finding some blueprints for anything... a car, building, some sort of shape... and just start playing in Zbrush with the clipping brushes and dynamesh. One thing I used to get hung up on was making my meshes hi-res too early on. The car shape began as a low 32 res sphere and I just used the move tool to get it to a rough shape, clipped it down using the various orthographic views of the blueprint, and then smoothed it. Because it was low res, the mesh smooths out a lot nicer than at higher divisions. Hope that makes sense, but will endeavour to illustrate it better when I get some time!

Thanks again!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast