ZBrushCentral

Realistic USA Ranger Portrait

Hey guys, Here is the new project I worked on with a talented lighting TD artist and a very good friend of mine Jeremy Celeste (http://www.jeremyceleste.com/ ).

In this project I worked on the Modeling, Texturing and hairs. I used a previous base mesh I’ve done before which is a clean mesh with UV ( The UV was done with UVMaster). Textures on the eyes and head are hand painted in ZBrush and Photoshop.

Jeremy did work on the Lighting, Shading, Rendering and Compositing of it. He did lots of test renders and we worked back and forth to make it as good as possible.

The software’s we used on this piece are ZBrush, Maya, Arnold for rendering, Nuke and for the hair I used Maya Hair.

We also made an article for 3DWorldMagazine which you can check it out in the latest one which is issue 164 and I believe its out already!

Hope you like the work and waiting for your feedbacks! :smiley:

soldier_color_halfl_resolution.jpgRanger_Final_Clay_01.jpgranger_eyes_closeup1.jpgZbrushCloseUp_02.jpgZbrushCloseUp_01.jpgWireFrame_01.jpgHairs.jpg

Attachments

soldier_color_halfl_resolution.jpg

WireFrame_01.jpg

ZbrushCloseUp_01.jpg

ZbrushCloseUp_02.jpg

ranger_eyes_closeup1.jpg

Ranger_Final_Clay_01.jpg

0.0 awesome ! I have to check out that article xD
top row for sure !

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Cxyda

TOP ROW stuff, great work Siamak and Jeremy

Awesome work. :wink:

Amazingly real .

:wink: wow! very nice work…congratulations.

Greetings.

Recognized him immediately!

Nice way to pay tribute to a true American Hero. His story is so tragic. People like this are rare indeed.

Nice!

supercool render!
loved the hair/fur work
very well done!

Thanks Cxyda!:wink:
Thanks ruhollah!:smiley:
Thanks philuxius!:smiley:
Thanks kapil :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks patokali! :smiley:
Thanks 3dnv! first I wanted to follow his look but during the work I didn’t follow it a lot so that’s why I didn’t mention pat tillman and
now I feel that I should have made the same ! he was a hero for sure and I agree about his story and that’s why I wanted to create him!
and I’m really surprised that you could recognize the guy! I hope at least my work is a bit like him to pay the tribute to this guy!
I guess on my next job I should follow the reference till the end:D

Thanks marianosteiner! glad you like it!

Excellent attention to detail, looks great.

Great work!

Good Stuff!!!

Looks amazing, awesome work!

great piece, could you post some of the processes you used to make it , for example the beret , and skin detailing , its absolutely amazing

Great piece indeed!!!
Excellent work sir, lighting is also beautiful.
And… Arnold rocks, of course.
Congratulations.

Wow! Amazingly real, when I open this thread and the picture popped up, I thought it was a reference photo! If we are giving marks out of 10 for this, I give it a 12!

@cloudrid3r: Thanks a lot man!
@Derek Frenzo: Thanks man!
@alienOracle: Thanks man!
@kaisasose: Thenk you very much!
@tomaszlanski: Thanks a lot man, we did a making of for 3DWorld Magazine issue 164 which you can check it out here in this link as well http://www.3dworldmag.com/2012/12/05/cg-art-tutorial-how-to-make-this-cool-ranger-portrait/

@michalis: Thanks a lot.
@dillster: Thanks a lot.

very nice … great work!

Great picture ! I specially like the work done on the texture and the render, impressive ^^

Amazing work … top row in my book! :smiley:

Cheers,
David