ZBrushCentral

Portrait of TOM WAITS

My attempt to create a likeness which I believe is one of the most challenging things to accomplish in CG. I am a big Tom Waits fan so If I had to do a portrait of a celebrity it had to be him.
The character was created using dynamesh in ZBrush and then retopologized in Topogun, environment was modeled in Maya. Rendered with Mental Ray and some post work in Photoshop…

hope you like it

Details and wireframe

some of my references:

Attachments

15914050.jpg

85735970.jpg

57337120.jpg

97993047.jpg

33525980.jpg

34203278.jpg

52614791.jpg

33945310.jpg

Awesome Work!
Top Row!

:+1:

great job mate! The only thing i would point out is the iris of the eye, there is some kind of obvious symmetry in the lower part witch screams against the piece, a little dot of paintover i’m sure would do the job… the rest is supa!

Amazing Job man…

Great job you have done here.
The only thing I’d crit is that the face is too symmetrical, especially around the eyes and mouth. And as said before, the iris map is which is a small thing but also very obvious because the eyes of person are most important.

Keep it up,

cheers!

Caglar

All my five thumbs are up! :+1:

It’s nicely done buy why no eyelashes and also the piano is small in the background. I see the piano is small in the photos but it seems out of context on it’s on in the background.

Technically a very nice piece.

Wow great job

Thank you very much for the nice comments and crits everyone.
you ROCK!

Awesome work, congratulation :wink:

some color corrections and adjustments:

tom_waits_1200.jpg

Wonderfulll

great liknesss

nice Like it very much.

wow very astounding… one of my favorite artists too…
well done!

if you are taking requests, id like to see a leonard cohen next :wink: