Default Tony's First Sculptures

Hey guys these are my first sculptures and I'm hoping to get better with this since i would like to go into this industry

Please let me know what you think and any tips on how to improve or what to do next

I dont know how to render just yet, i just made this in sculptris and exported it as an obj and opened it with photoshop. I was hoping to have it as a statue sort of artwork

Thanks in advance

-Tony

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I think you are off to a great start Tony. The main thing is an obvious thing. Practice which is what I should be doing right now LOL Best thing is to look up free online resources to work on proportion. Once you have that down then its time to play with proportion.
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

New Member Follow User Gallery

Wow. Good work. I really love the attention to detail

As for rendering. It's a bit hidden and easy to forget about.
    It's located inside the options menu. Just push "save image" and it will render it for you..
    Last edited by Blinx123; 11-28-12 at 02:37 AM.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Thank you very much Tartan, I am trying to practice as much as possible now with sculptris and hoping to get Zbrush sometime soon. I also am enrolled in VanArts so I'll be getting even more practice there as well, I'm just hoping I'm ready for it

Thank you Blinx, I do try to add a lot of detail, and in my opinion the model looked much nicer in sculptris then in photoshop for lighting, shading and material purposes. Also, thank you for the help with rendering, I know i could simply google such a question but as soon as I got the email from pixologic to share my work, I tried to post them up almost instantly.

-Tony