ZBrushCentral

MOTH3R - Sketchbook (tutorial Pg. 2)

Hello ZBrush Community,

After watching threads and threads of other artists posts, I am finally starting my own. Alongside my artwork, I also plan to post alongside my IMM brushes, UI Themes or any other customizations I am using. I am a freelance 3D artist so please feel free to check out my website MOTH3R. If you like my portfolio you can contact me as well. I am in love with hard-surfacing techniques so I get mostly inspired by the industrial design and how that particular field - products reflect our lives.

The Drone Pilot //

splash.jpg

I was partly inspired by an article on Wikipedia about Brain-Computer Interface. But rather to control something, The Drone - brain is controlled from the outer source, therefore it is clearly military purpose.

Attachments

splash.jpg

Welcome to Zbrush Central Moth3r. I like the pilot. Great 1st post. I checked out your website as well. Very cool work. I’m also I big fan of HS although I’m simply a hobbyist in 3D. I have a non-artististic real job that keeps me busy very busy. I’m looking forward to seeing all your new work here in the thread.

Ezra

Hey EZRA52,

thank you very much for comments and kind regards! That means a lot considering I clearly remember watching your Bicycle Making Of - tutorial. That was great help and amazing insight into the tools so it feel great seeing your post. :slight_smile:

Ivan

Here is The Drone Pilot - Full character sheet:

Character-Strip.jpg

Attachments

Character-Strip.jpg

This is my current ZBrush theme and little sneak peak on my latest project. Feel free to download this theme and my other configuration files bellow:

Theme
I have toned down colors to have much more subtle UI. In that way, I can concentrate much easier on the project. Current set of colors is also pretty much compatible with Creative Suites (PS6) - Dark theme as well. You can load this theme under Menu>Preferences>Icolors>Load UI colors.
Colors.zip (457 Bytes)

Macros
Regarding my macros, from ‘toggle’ macro I have found somewhere here on the forum, I have made a custom set of three for toggling between Clip brushes (Cycle Clip, Slice Curve), Mask Selections (Mask Rectangle, Mask Curve, MaskCircle, MaskPen) and Selections (Rectangle, Lasso). If you would like to use them just put them under your Zbrush folder. Default file path would be ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R4\ZStartup\Macros’. You could set up a custom key for each one under Menu>Macros by clicking on each one while holding Ctrl+Alt+LMB.
Macros.zip (7.44 KB)

Hotkeys
You can load this config under Menu>Preferences>Hotkeys>Load - button. Just open a file .txt to see my setup. Constantly used buttons are now mapped to the left side of keyboard so I can fire each tool - shelf just by left hand (Shelves: Alt+1, Alt+2, Alt+3, MRGB,RGB,M>Alt+Q, Alt-W, Alt+E etc.).
Hotkeys.zip (596 Bytes)

Config File - Custom Menus, Shelves etc. You can load this config under Menu>Preferences>Load UI - button.
CustomUI.zip (4.26 KB)

config.jpg

Feel free to comment, I will update this section with new stuff if you find it useful.Macros.zip (7.44 KB)Colors.zip (457 Bytes)CustomUI.zip (4.26 KB)Hotkeys.zip (596 Bytes)

Attachments

Thanks for all the UI stuff moth3r. I’ve DL’ed everything and going to give it a try.
Question: When the Brush shortcut says “popup+T” (standard brush) for instance and hit the B for the brush pop up then the T I get the brushes that start with a T in the popup not the Standard brush. What I’m I doing wrong there?

Ezra

Hi EZRA52,

You aren’t doing anything wrong. It could be that some keys were just leftovers of the time when I was trying to find best key combination. To be honest I have not payed much attention so I also wonder now how ‘Popup+’ hotkeys specifically ended in my config file :). In any case, I was trying just to use keys which were already free.

Btw, Shift+A, Shift+S hotkeys would not work either if you do not have installed PanelToggle.

Also, I have found today ZPlugMakerif someone is interested in conversion of macros to plugin.

Also, these keys are what I am using the most:

Custom Tools Popup shelves with ‘Alt+1’, ‘Alt+2’, ‘Alt+3’
Toggling clip brushes or selection modes via ‘’ & ‘z’.
Changing material modes MRGB, RGB, M via ‘Alt+Q’, ‘Alt+W’, ‘Alt+E’.
Toggle Left Panel, Toggle Right Panel, ‘Shift+A’, ‘Shift+S’.
Group Visible Polygroups ‘Ctrl+G’.
Color Fill Object ‘Alt+’

The rest are not hotkeys but custom buttons on the left and the bottom of the UI. My resolution is 1920x1200 so I had just enough space to put them all in single rows. I hope that helps.

Today’s 3D sketch. I plan to release a whole series on the concept of drones later on.

TheSphereDrone.jpg

The shape of things to come!

DroneWars.jpg

Because of Zbrush it’s so easy to lose touch with reality :slight_smile:

render.jpg

conducting clinical trials… It took me a way more time than planned originally but I hope it was all worth it. Feel free to comment if you like it or not. In any case, more renders and details to follow soon :slight_smile:

Model-XY3.jpg

Attachments

Model-XY3.jpg

nice piece
I like
Thanks for sharing your knowledge:+1:

Thanks! I’ve seen your portfolio. Lot of great work, you are really into mechanical stuff so I am glad you like it!

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

4. A robot may or not hard humanity, or, by inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.

ModelXY3-Infographics.jpg

Attachments

ModelXY3-Infographics.jpg

Cool design !

Great work:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Excellent work ! Amazing design very inspired :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

now i wonder how it would look like as a full grow adult version of your “baby” robot :smiley:

Awesome. I love the design and layout of the image, It looks like a real product. Nice work :+1:

I love the little child robot moth3r. You did a fantastic job on that. Love the presentation as well.

Ezra52