Cool Smashing Pumpkins!

I'm a bit late to start this competition, but I'm going to try and get something finished!

I saw ParaNorman (great film) a couple of weeks ago and wanted to do a zombie in a similar, cartoony (or claymation) style. I also wanted to do something with goo, but not gore. So I had the idea of having carved pumpkins being chopped up by the zombie.

I did a quick sketch in my little drawing book to get a general idea of how it would look. The pumpkins will little the ground around his feet.

I hope you guys like it. Thank you for looking!

User Gallery

It's not too late yet. And you have ideas put to paper.

Smile

Here is what I've managed to do so far. I made all the pieces in a standing pose, using the subtool master to mirror the arms and legs. Then I posed them. At the moment the pumpkin faces are only painted on with the mask tool, but I intend to sculpt them in later.

there's a lot of work to be done all round. The head looks very flat at the moment, but I'm not really sure what to do to 'detail it up'. I hope you like it. thank you for looking.

Cool

I decided to use this project as a learning experience. It was really fun. It's mostly built using Dynamesh, which I haven't really used before. I never even knew you could 'glue' two seperate polygroups/subtools together using Dynamesh! It's brilliant.

I was also AMAZED at the Fibermesh. I've stayed away from it since it came out because of how hard I thought it'd be, but it took me only seconds to get a nice looking tuft of grass. Simply amazing! ZBrush is such a brilliant programme.
    Last edited by Black-Tooth; 10-31-12 at 08:00 PM.