Lightbulb Javi Ideas WIP thread // Halloween Challenge 2012

Helo, I´ll put here my work in progress for this year Halloween Challenge.

First Update:

Another Character, ready for the next:

Hands will be posed and detailed when some props and scene (and other characters...)
    Last edited by Javi Ideas; 10-16-12 at 09:22 AM.

Be careful with this one, specially if you are a girl...

If I figure out how to render correctly hair I´ll create hairstyle for all my characters. Can somebody help me?

I know how get great results with p_hair_tk shader in Maya but in zbrush I´m lost. I can look for a youtube videotutorial but also i want that somebody pass over here and write some kind of feedback, that would be nice!..I mean...scary muahaha

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery
    London, England

Which version of ZBrush do you own? Do you have the Fibers Tool? If you do it's a great way to create hair. If not then use the standard brush in a smaller size to carefully sculpt the hair, then I think there is a MatCap Material available for hair that has a high specular for the shine. I haven't tried it myself though. If you do have Fibers, there are probs loads of tutorials for it if you look.
    "Better smeg, than dead..."

I would like to introduce to you a special guest who will come to my Halloween Party, the little Danny Torrance !

I must to admit that thanks to this Zbrush Halloween Challenge (with the "enterely Zbrush image" rule) made me learn a lot about the new features of zbrush 4R4! And I´m sure only started to imagine the possibilities:

-Wheels are done with a custom insertBrush!
    -Bike Seat done with Tranpose-Extrude new functions!
    -Pedals done with ShadowBox + TransposeExtrude!
    -BikeFrame, ShoesLaces and SuitLaces done with custom inserBrushes and curve new functions!
    -FaceLookALike done with the help of the new Image Plane features! I found this last pretty awesome compared to my old Spotlight trick.

And thanks Chimz for comment!but I already knew that, in fact I tested the hairstyle brushes with this model I did, but I rendered in Maya. What I want to know is how to get a great Hair material in zbrush, but trial and error or youtube will do the trick.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery
    León, Mexico

"Danny is not here Mrs. Torrance". Great characters!, specially Danny, and I agree with you, this challenge is a great opportunity to learn more about the features of ZBrush, features that I haven't used before and definitely I'm going to use from now on.