ZBrushCentral

Wacom tablets

I am seriously considering to buy a wacom tablet but don’t know which one is the best for modeling in zbrush, maya, max. I also want to draw in photoshop since my budget is very low is there a cheap but quality version of wacom tablet?

i’m sure there are lots of different opinions - sure, wacom is the best, but… if you’re short of money i recommend a used or refurbished intous3 - maybe a4-size. i had an intous3 a6 (very-small!) before and right now i’m using an intous4 a4 - all i got to say: intous3 quality rocks!! intous4 (i heard the 5-series, too, have some quality problems) i gave my intous3 away as a gift… i’m sure you’ll find a cheap offer on ebay or somewhere…

best wishes.
chem!

Or try a different one. Especially if it is your first tablet, you will be happy with anything that is out there, really.

I had Pentagram O’Pen XL and now Intous 5 - check this thread:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?170232-Wacom-Intous-5-Touch-or-not
From what I heard trough that years when I was using a very cheap pentagram tablet, Wacom is a dream come true. Well , I was dissapionted with it. I thought it will be something like a jump from mouse to the graphics tablet, but it wasn’t.

Looking for a tablet I would look on compareable, cheaper wacom alterntives, now.
Or you can try banboo or a small intous. Or used one but I think not Intous 4 and 5 because of low quality, like chemkid mentioned.

I have the Bamboo and it works great, for the money I think it was a good buy.

I totally agree about the Wacom I4 and I5 and like an idiot I sold my I3 for an I4 now I’m selling my I4 to buy an older I3 …lol the other thing about the I3 is now the I5 is out you will get a real bargain on I3’s although I have to say I used a friends Bamboo at his house and although its really dinky in size to be honest once you have your head around the fact you need to zoom in more to fit the action into your draw area its fine and I see they are very cheap on ebay at the moment.

I have a bamboo fun (it was a gift), but before that I used a graphite 4 for years and years, it served me well.
The one I’m using is pretty good for my needs…

I think some of the features in the higher tier wacoms are over rated and not very useful like tilt and rotate. though I know how 2048 lvls of sensitivity feel I think any tablet with at least 1024 is good enough.

The only drawback for me when I compare my Intuos4 with the Intuos3 I had before (which is still awesome, I gave it to my little sister) is that the pen tip seems to be worn out much faster. Besides of that I’m pretty happy with it, especially since it’s a bluetooth one so no hassle with cords anymore most oft the time (well you’ve to charge it sometime obviously so you aren’t without a cord all the time ;)… ).

Size is M (A5) btw. which suits me pretty well, tried a small bamboo from a friend of mine once and didn’t like it. But it’s a good starting point I guess, if you aren’t used to a bigger sized one. On the other hand, as others mentioned before, you’ll probably find a Intuos3 for a steal nowadays.

After much research and with my fingers crossed, purchased the Intuos 5 Medium touch about two weeks ago.
For me this was an upgrade from the Intuos 2 (6x8) which I had and which basically stayed in a drawer for about 10 years.
Fortunately the cost, itself, was not an issue. The matter of it being worth it, was.
So.
As far as Zbrush and Zbrush only is concerned you would be paying a little extra for a feature you cannot use.
“Touch” means basically nothing “in Zbrush”.
If you subtract this function, you are basically left with the features of the older models.
Since buying this was a total upgrade on everything for me, I am satisfied with the purchase.

A few factors to consider:
a. In talking with others who used tablets, had discovered that those who did not purchase from Wacom, initially,
eventually bought a tablet from them.
b. If you are “in the business” is does not make sense to start out with an inferior,cheaper one. You will buy the
better one sooner or later. Thus your overall cost is more. Might as well pay the money upfront.
c. If you buy a cheaper or inferior one, you will come to look at your work with the attitude, how much better/faster would
if have been had I bought a “good one”.

Friend of mine, who had not used a tablet, bought a cheap one a few years ago, just to “see how it worked”.
After using it for a few months, liked the idea of the tablet itself, but not the limitations of the one he had.
Purchased a second one of better quality from Wacom but purchased an older cheaper one.
Same scenario, time goes by, worked great, but wonders about quality achieved, time saved, by buying the “better one”
Finally he purchased a new Wacom Intuous 4 large.

In the long run the cheaper one today, is the most expensive tomorrow.
If you cannot afford the “better one”, wait, starve, get a night job, eat peanut butter and jelly for lunch, hold up
a convenience store, then buy "the good one’

Sorry about the rambling , best of luck whatever you decide

dont work my wacom intuos 5 touch – jump a lot, pincel delay, - Idont see a smooth work — – Solution??? I have a iMac 10.8.3 2.7Ghz 8Gb and the last wacom driver – problem is whit Zbrush no whit other programs