ZBrushCentral

Pushing my anatomy skills further

Hey,

So I’ve been using the summer for little, for at least I’ve been practicing anatomy.
I used an old model and modified it to create this one. I like doing this sort of things because that way I can judge how much improvement I’ve made by how much I need to redo.

In this case, I had to redo everything. hehe :slight_smile:

This is intended to be sort of like an ecorche. My next step is fixing the areas I didn’t get to (mainly the extremes) and I plan on redoing the arms further and tightening everything in general… Afterwards I will break symmetry and create a character out of this. Still thinking what he should be though.

I’d love to hear any input on where the anatomy was done wrong, so I can take some time to relearn those areas. So if you have something to say, please do :slight_smile:

Attachments

backFull_v01.jpg

frontFull_v01.jpg

Good start, but if i can come with a point.
The Arms is to short. ;D

hey thanks, ill look into it. it’s kinda confusing for me because they’re not perfectly straight. :slight_smile:

Great start.

Yes, the arms need to be around 15% longer.

He looks a bit “blocky,” like a tank. The legs may be a bit too small in proportion to the torso.

You should probably widen the buttocks some, and add a bit of fat.

The face is awesome.

Just my 2 cents.

Very nice job.

As for the crits, check out http://www.idrawdigital.com/2009/01/tutorial-anatomy-and-proportion/.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks!

I checked the arms and they were about 15% shorter than they should, you were spot on. :slight_smile:
The reason he’s blocky is because I allowed myself to ignore surface detail and focused on muscle construction, for learning purposes. I plan on adding the fat and skin detail later. With time I will probably need to do this sort of thing less and less, as I learn anatomy better.

I also checked the buttocks and found that the greater trochanter wasn’t bulging enough, and all the muscles around it are a mess… so a lot of work there.

I think I’ll go on making him a spartan warrior, but I don’t want it to be too 300ish. Can’t think of places to find references though, other than getty/google…

Also thanks for the link Creeper, useful. :slight_smile: