Hey guys, thanks for the comments. Yes Santis, the end result is VERY rewarding, I have learned so much from making it.
As far as the work process goes, I used ZSpheres and Dynamesh to make everything first and roughed out all the main forms.
Then I ended up retopologizing manually for a couple personal reasons. Lastly, I reprojected and finished each bone, duplicating and mirroring when I could.
The final low res model comes out to 53574 polygons with 0 triangles, 34 subtools, and each subtool can handle at least 5 subDivisions (I can be a bit OCD ).
Here are a few more renders, and I will try to use the next few days to make a Halloween render.
Just got power back from Halloween Hurricane Sandy, and I thought I should still post up my final image even though I missed the deadline.
Great entries out there, this was a fun project and I'm really glad I finally got around to making a full skeleton.
Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween
Your skeleton is amazing, I have just picked up Zbrush and I am having a very hard time on the vertebrae. Would you care to explain to me or over a video demonstration how to came about to do yours spine. I have been trying to do the spine for the past 3 days yet no result.