Senior Member User Gallery

Default "The Dinner". ZBC Halloween Challenge.

Hello guys, here I am joining the challenge, I'm sure is going to be fun, plus, watching the other entries here is motivational to keep going.

I've started sculpting since monday, with the idea of doing an old couple, in a very particular way. They love each other a lot, and they love Halloween so much, so the husband has decided to celebrate Halloween in a special place in wich the wife has been living for the past 2 years... the graveyard.

Here's the first WIP image of what I've been doing the past 2 days. -The Husband-, he is going to be and old man, I started sculpting his body in a very rough way, he is going to wear a suit, so I'm just trying to get the base. I started with ZSpheres then adaptive skin, then Dynamesh:

That's the main idea of what I plan to do through this month, hope I can make it before the 31. Thanks

Hello guys, an update on the husband, I started to sculpt his face:

And now I think it's time to start focusing on the other parts of the scene, like the tombstone's wife, the terrain and the candies and stuff wich are going to be the elements for the dinner and all of that, just to get a general idea of composition and since right now still it looks nothing like a Halloween-theme project, then I'm going to go back with the husband to start dressing it and detail his face, so let's see how it goes. Thanks

Member User Gallery

Thumbs up

i gess this thread will soon be top .the old man is very good.

great model !!!

nofounture: Thank you very much, glad you like it!

gahpe: Thank you!

The updates continue, I'm still thinking on the overall scene, and this time I focused on the wife. The idea is to position the wife like if she was coming out of the ground, like a zombie-type, just to take dinner with the husband, at first the idea was just sculpting one of her hands coming out of the ground, but then I decided to sculpt more than that, so I sculpt her with arms and a face, just focusing on those since they are going to be the only visible parts. Here are the WIP images:

And here's just the quick idea of the wife coming out of the ground, also she needs to look more like a zombie or a corpse so I would try to do that next, possibly I would change her hair, with long hair instead of short, also, I started modeling the tombstone, my first attempt on modeling in ZBrush. Started with Shadowbox and then Dynamesh and Clip Brushes, it's fast and efficient once you get used to it

Now I'm going to start sculpting the other elements and trying to give the wife a zombie-corpse look, so let's see how it goes, thanks
    Last edited by manzarek123; 10-11-12 at 12:54 AM.

Wow, amazing pieces! Pure greatness
    My Sketchbook - please visit and leave me some C&C to help me immprove myself

nebular: Thank you very much, tremendously appreciated!

Hello, new updates , this time in some of the hard surface models of the scene, created with primitives from ZBrush, using clipping brushes, the extrude function with tranpose and then Dynamesh. Modeling in ZBrush is fun , still learning how to modeling properly but I'm glad I joined this contest because that way I'm exploring all those modeling tools available that I haven't used before:

And this hand created with ZSpheres:

Now I'm going to start putting everything together to see how is gonna look in the overall scene, adding more elements and start dressing and posing the husband. Thanks and have a nice weekend everybody.
    Last edited by manzarek123; 10-12-12 at 11:31 PM.

Member User Gallery

Default MM***65292;again.

the hand looks realistic.i believe that soon your work will be top.

Member User Gallery

great detailed character! now i want to know more, what you gonna do with her

nofounture: I really appreciate your words, thank you! absolutely glad you say that, but oh well, to me the main goal of this challenge is to learn and have fun, and that's the important though

Javi Ideas: Thank you! and sure, I'm glad you're interested in this project, basically the idea is to make a little scene of an old man visiting his wife on the graveyard, has been 2 years since she died, and since they both love halloween so much the husband decided to make a little Halloween dinner with his wife exactly in the witching hour on October 31... and since this is and special date, the spirits allowed the wife to take dinner the with the old man, of course she forgots to put some make up after 2 years of being underground... So that's the idea of what I'm trying to create, still a lot of stuff to do but that's why it's a challenge (Sorry for my english)

Hello guys, some updates, this time I focused on the husbands's clothing (hope I write it right haha) all of the elements were created entirely on ZBrush and wow, Dynamesh is gonna be my new best friend definitely, the pieces like the shirt, the suit and the dress pants started with the extract function then with Dynamesh and the clipping brushes to refine edges and to make the suit's neck, the shoes are just two primitive cubes with Dynamesh and ZSpheres for the shoelaces. All the clothing right now is sculpted very rough, just to see the general composition of the old man dressed, later on I would add the necesary detail once I posed this old man.

And I started to transform the wife into a zombie-corpse look... she's enjoying some Pan de Muerto while I put the zombie make up haha.

Now I really going to start putting everything together to see if I can add more stuff or start refining all the existing pieces. Thank you.
    Last edited by manzarek123; 10-18-12 at 01:39 AM.

Really liking this!

Ah, manzarek! Didn't realize it was you
    I can see you are doing very well on the sculpting side of things! Great seeing you post some stuff again!

Absolutely love your work Manzarek123

Looking through your user gallery you have definitely improved by leaps and bounds over the past few years!

I was curious if you wouldn't mind sharing the matcap that you have been using for your Halloween challenge.

Thanks!

Member User Gallery

This is excellent! I love the wife's somber expression. Two thumbs up for not turning her into a ghoulish caricature.

I can't wait to see the final product - particularly what the epitaph will read.

Santis: Santis!, It's really nice to write you again, also thank you very much for your comment, glad you like this project, I haven't posted here in a while but when I read about this challenge I decided to join in very quickly haha, once again thanks!

--E--: I really appreciate you took the time to watch my past images here, thank you so much! comments like this are very motivational to keep practicing and trying to get better everyday, thank you. And of course I can share the material, it's from the talented user Shmud and you can download it from his sketchbook, here's the direct link: Shmud_Mats and it's nice because it has this material and another one included there, hope you find it useful.

CPost: Very, very glad you like it, thank you! the wife's expression is the part where I've been working the most so I appreciate your comment!. Hope I can finish it right, still a week left!

Hello guys! here's some updates, first, the husband, geez I spend almost the past 4 days in posing it and that's more time what I had planned, it was kind of difficult and still in progress, specially the wrinkles on the cloth and the hands but I belive I'm getting near to the pose I have in mind:

And more element for the scene, the mini table with fat legs and random pieces, all of them created just with ZB of course:

And more updates on the wife's face and hands:

And that's it for now, I'm going to continue working on the husband's pose even though I've already spent too much time on it, and then finally start to put everything together. Hope I can finish it in time, just 7 days left!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast