ZBrushCentral

Gojira

Trying to sculpt Godzilla for a friend.

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

That’s great. Keep it up! I can’t wait to see more.

Thank you, sir. Appreciate that

Here are two more update shots:

3.jpg

4.jpg

This is awesome! So cool to see a '“real” godzilla!
I really think it deserves some more time on the sdading side though, right now it doesn’t really feels like skin. But awesome work man, cannot wait to see an update :wink:

That’s very cool of you to say, thank you.

Only thing is that I’m not too sure how to approach his skin. I’m using reptilian skin for reference, but trying to not use it too much. I also am using bitter melon, since that reminds of his skin, but not too sure on how to render it

Did a little bit of sculpting to the chest and belly

5.jpg

Trying to get a better texture on this guy

6.jpg

quick mock up

7.jpg

Finally got his claws in

8.jpg

My favourite King (or is it QUEEN :wink: ) of all monsters.

Looking good, maybe a little more noise and spikeyness in the skin, and a little more volume in the upper muzzle and youll have it nailed, nice work and keep it coming, whos next?

Haha, yeah the US made him a her, so I would disregard that. Don’t think any of Toho’s films portrayed Godzilla as a female. As for the spikiness, I notice that I don’t get a good normal map from a mesh that’s too spiky, so I’m trying to keep it as tame as possible. I can always retopo, but I’m not too sure yet. Thanks.

Oh I’d forgotten about that american newt monstrosity to be honest (although its nice to see a mockery of the USA G get his ass handed to him in under 15 seconds in ‘Final Wars’ :slight_smile: , Jack Daniels mind wipes are so convenient. But to my friends and I the Big G’s sex has always been in question, what with Minilla/Mynia and mainly probably just us liking the idea that he might actually be a she and can still give all the other guys a good drubbing, that aside I can understand the normal map issues with spikes, but if you go for the classic rounded tip/conical almost like bunches of hair type spikes you should be ok for your normals imo.

Its looking like your going to need to retopo for the tail as it is getting very stretched out. Hope your going to hide a zipper in their somewhere :wink:

What are your thoughts about the upcoming movie quickly approaching release? worried?

Any plans to make a stable of Dai-Kaiju?