Default Stitched Up Creature

Hi everyone, I am very excited to find out this contest and can't wait to get some work done. Hopefully we can all get to learn something new from this contest. And of course have tons of fun!!

So here is what I got! I am thinking some sort of "the ring" related type of monster/creature. I am really enjoy the focus around the eye from the series. Of course the other reason is because it***8217;s scary! One thing I really want to focus is a lot of the detail around the eye area. Right now as an idea is having the monster trying to open up an thread seal eyelid (which is semi-seal by some sort of thread) and trying to stare you to death!

I started with a sphere in zbrush and dynamesh it, then form up the face.....It's pretty straight forward. I also used the qremesher to remesh the dynamesh model into sculpt friendly model. I am really amazed with the combo of dynamesh and qremesher. It saved so much time on re-typology and you have so much more time to sculpt on the model!! It's awesome! Finally added the fibermesh brush to adding the idea of the character.

Now I need more detail on her.....btw it's a female T_T .....yea I need to work on that
    Last edited by junlai; 10-10-12 at 10:45 AM.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Love the expression on her face !!!

@Rabaman 1971, Thank you, i am glad you enjoy the work....

Here is some updates.....I did some polypaint on the model, which turn out good in some way. But Im not really quite sure with the mouth. Which is one of the reason i start playing around the "seal"mouth. Also I realize the ***8220;eye***8221; should be the focal point. So I removed the semi seal eyes and rework the most of the model***8230;.

let me know wut you think

Member Follow User Gallery

I like the sealed eyes and mouth more, but that's a personal style preference more than anything.

I don't remember much of the ring girl because she wasn't very interesting so you'd be safe to take some liberty with the design (like the stitches)

Some modification on the creature......I'm thinking of getting rid of "the ring" hair idea and more focus on the stitched on the creature. So I stitcheed up the right eye and the ear to make him more scary...... Let me know what you think

added the hand to create the motion. Now looking at it, probably tilt his body slight more. To create more aggressive move....i think. Also added some blood, some depth of field, and motion blur on the hand in Photoshop let me know what you think....anything will be appreciate

Member Follow User Gallery

You covered the stitched up ruin of his ear, which was looking pretty good, with that hand. The hand has problems. Looks like the palm got mangled by an alpha and the wrist joint is hard to make out; it almost looks like it's coming out of his shoulder. The fingernails look well manicured to the point of being feminine.

The mouth and sealed eye look much better, I really like that the blood isn't overdone. I don't think the lips could open into such a snarl being stitched shut in the center though; perhaps you want to add some more stitching to show the open parts being ripped open?

Also the nose looks broken and the left nostril is much too large compared to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by CPost View Post
    You covered the stitched up ruin of his ear, which was looking pretty good, with that hand. The hand has problems. Looks like the palm got mangled by an alpha and the wrist joint is hard to make out; it almost looks like it's coming out of his shoulder. The fingernails look well manicured to the point of being feminine.

The mouth and sealed eye look much better, I really like that the blood isn't overdone. I don't think the lips could open into such a snarl being stitched shut in the center though; perhaps you want to add some more stitching to show the open parts being ripped open?

Also the nose looks broken and the left nostril is much too large compared to the right.
    CPost, thanks for the feedback.....yea I'm pretty certain about working more additional detail on the hand. Just sort of slap on it to see the composition, which made me realize about his pose is definetly not working in both rendering and composition. I will definetly readjust that. Thank you so much for your help

Oh man, Sandy just completely ruined my schedule. A bit rush on this project......Just need to sculpt more on the hand, render, adjust the color, and put all together in photoshop.....no that much left
    I will post the final later tonight before the deadline
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZBrush Document11_comp.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	330500  

Here it is the final post of this thread. It was a bit rushed to finish the project. But I am proud of it Hope you enjoy too.

If you have any comment or feedback feel free to do so :P

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FINAL_COMP.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	364.4 KB 
ID:	330700