Member Follow User Gallery

Default Freddy Kruger - Halloween Challenge 2012

I saw the thread and I have that itch to model. Always love this time of year having halloween! I've always wanted to do a freddy 3d model. I grew up watching Freddy Krudger and just the good times watcing the nightmare on elm street movies.

Heres a timelapse of tonights work. I just did a couple of hours.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xFyzP8nsCA

Started this with a mannequin and just kinda ruffed in the over all shape.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Render_Freddy_01 copy.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	326102  

Hello everyone. So tonight got my freddy movies out for reference. Between watching the movies I got some modeling done.. Here is where I'm at for tonight. Anyway I'm always open for feedback on this model.

So far I've mainly used the claytubes brush with a little gravity added and just going from as many references as I can to get the look right. I'll be adding the hat and glove soon.

Here is a link to my timelapse for tonight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECSk4748kPM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Render_Freddy_02 copy.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	326245  

So I did a little more work to my freddy model. Got to sculpt on the right side of his face tonight.

Here is another timelapse of my work in progress.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOY1HftBxGw

Hello everyone again. Tonight I've added to my sculpt some gums and teeth and just a little texture.

Here is also a timelapse of my progress tonight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V6K9-iymf8
    Last edited by edgemaster; 10-04-12 at 10:00 PM.

I didnt get much done tonight. But I did add freddys hat. Made it out of the shadowbox and just shaped it from there.

Here is just a short timelapse of making the hat for tonight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPvjwlipLHc

Just a very small update tonight. Added the sweater ruffed in mesh. Did a quick model for the hand. But I'll add the hands after I pose him first. But this is what I have for tonight. Hopefully tomorrow I can get him posed and start getting into adding his glove.

So I got some more done to Freddy tonight. Tonight I mainly wanted to get a pose going for my sculpt. I had to add the knives thou. Just wasnt Freddy without them. Anyway I started to do a little comping with some of the passes and get some what of an idea for my model. Hopefully this weekend I can do the details to his glove and get his sweater modeled in.

So tonight I had some time to get Freddys glove deals going. Took a bit to gather some references and get an idea of how the glove is made. Mainly just used the extraction to get most of the parts of the glove.Freddy without a glove is like a jedi with out his lightsaber...So hopefully tomorrow I can get the modeling details finished on the glove...

I have a timelapse here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlUbAen8xLw

So I've finished the glove...Final things are detailing the sweater and in the end will be texturing....

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

hey Alex! Looking awesome buddy. You've really come a long way with your sculpting and I can tell you're having some fun with this one. My first small crit would be to check out his head width. It seems a little narrow. Also, I'd add some textural detail to the sweater so it feels more sweatery. The blue in the blades really catches my eye and draws away from his face too so perhaps you might want to desaturate those a bit. Can we see more of the glove?

All in all, coming along nicely sir!

Cool.. thank you Jesse! And yes this is a very fun model! I really appreciate your comments. Means a lot to me. You've inspired me so much over the past few years and I "Thank you" for that.

So today I've finally had some time to do the adjustments and got to a lot of the critiques Jesse made from the other day. Still need to add more texture detail. I'm hoping to see if I can improve on his eye texture. For now the eye texture is just a place holder. But here is where I'm at for today.

You bet Alex! I'm always happy to help and I'm honored to be part of your growth.

Your new Freddy is looking better already. I like the glove, the metal blades, and the work you've done on the sweater. The head width feels better for sure but I think his eyes feel a bit far apart. For his eye texture, I always make the sclera a slightly greyish (so the white highlight will pop) and then bring in some red/orange hues on the outer part where it hits the corners of the eye. And a big part of making the eyes look right is getting that wetness and specularity correct.

Take all this with a grain of salt, as this is just my opinion and what I see. This is your art so do what feels right to you. I can't wait to see what you do with it!!

Jesse

Cool Jesse thanks for the advice. I did most of the changes lastnight. Just now need to comp it together hopefully tonight if I have the time and post the final images.

nice work edgemaster really liking the composition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast