Member Follow User Gallery

Default more tools for sculptris

Does anyone know if they are planning on adding any new tools to Sculptris? And how can you export images from Daz studio 4
    to Sculptris? Any help would be Great,,,Thank you Tom,,,,,,

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Re

It's not believed that Sculptris is in development anymore. The creator, Dr. Petters, hasn't posted anything here in 2 years. So Sculptris is WYSWYG. As far as importing from Daz Studio ... Images are images .... If you mean models .... .obj format ... Genesis in low-Subdivision works just fine. I use Sculptris to make morphs for Genensis all the time. The V4, M4 models and earlier versions have problems though ... the Eyes and Nipples have a Pie-cut circle that Sculptris doesnt like. You can fix these for use in Sculptris using Wings3d or Blender, but it's a one-way trip, as you will have to change the vertex order, so it won't be able to be used as a morph for the V4/M4 and earlier versions ....

Default problem with a design,

Hello. Youve helped me alot,, and i want to thank you, Im trying to create a design of a magnafing glass with a handle on it
    with a humon eye behind the glass, Daz studio 4 doesnt have the sculpting tools that sculptris has, so your saying ill have to combine useing blender along with the 2 others to create it? im trying to create one at a time and then combing all three in the end. Thanks for your support Tom

Default re

I would make something like that in Wings3d .. still the best box-modeling software ... could probably do it in 5-10 minutes ... UV-mapped an everything ..

Thank you,,,After i create it useing wing3d can i move it to sculptris to paint? want to make it look as real as possable,

This is my very first project,,,just want to do it right,,youve been a big help.Thank you

You can use any model in .OBJ form in Sculptris, size does not seem to matter.But they must be Quads or Triangles, NO N-Gons. Also no Pie-Cut Circles. For Painting in Sculptris, Models should be UV-Mapped with all polygons having their own map space, No overlaps or copies. For example many car models will re-use the map space for the Wheels and 3 of them would be copies of the first. First, for Sculptris this will not work.

Smile

Thanks for your help..Ive been reading the mannual for the wings 3d. Its gonna be trial and error unyill i get it down, im having so much fun with all of this. attached is what i have to transform to real looking,
    Attached Images Attached Images  

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Why dont they continue developing

Seriously?!?

Sculptris is amazing! if they will not continue development I dont know what ill do ...

Hopefullythey will integrate it with the next Zbrush or some thing
    Last edited by Saraf; 10-12-12 at 06:06 AM.

Default re

When you get a little better understanding of how this all works, you may want to move to Blender. Being open-source software, there are many builds of Blender, with different versions and features. One of the Graphicall.org versions has a Dynotopo sculpt, that is very similar to Sculptris. It builds it's own geometry, has pretty good sculpting tools including radial symmetry (like Zbrush) and of course has all the box-modeling tools as well so you can Retopo, UV-Map, Bake your normals, Paint your Textures, Rig and Animate, and then Render using Cycles with HDR backgrounds, all in the same app. It's really cool, but it takes a long time to find and watch all the tutorials, there's a lot to remember..........