ZBrushCentral

shortcuts by palette list promised in 4r4 pdf missing

on pg. 17 of the new 4r4 getting started pdf, they say there is a full list of shortcuts by palette here:http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index.php/ZBrush4_Shortcuts_by_Palette

i would LOOOOOVE to see that. when it gets done, can we get an announcement at ZBC? so i don’t have to check that page constantly?

thanks.

jin

Thanks for that. The page did exist but at a different location. I’ve corrected the error and the link you give will now take you to the page.

sweeeeeeeeeeet…

thank you!

jin

ooo, i guess one thing i would request for this list is a run down of all the different transpose action line functions. i think i’ve got them (though i’m actually not sure if i’m missing any at this point) but they would be very handy for those that are new:

so i think the functions are:

• topological/smart masking (CTRL-drag out transpose line over mesh) [i still don’t understand if there’s a difference here]

[
NOTE: in general,
CTRL key seems to invoke operations that CREATE NEW GEOMETRY, either new faces or duplicating the entire tool.
ALT key seems to invoke operations that DEFORM the geometry.

IMPORTANT - THERE MUST BE NO SUBDIVISION LEVELS OR THESE FUNCTIONS WILL NOT WORK!
]

• MOVE (drag 2nd circle)…- 1d stretch (drag 3rd circle)
    …- bend (ALT-drag 2nd/3rd circle - if dragging 3rd circle, mesh beyond 3rd circle not deformed but connected)
    …- duplicate (CTRL-drag 2nd circle_with no masking on tool)
    …- extrude (CTRL-drag 2nd circle_with portions of tool masked off)
    …- flatten to plane (drag 1st circle_into mesh)
    …- inflate per poly normal (rt-click-drag 3rd circle)
  • ROTATE
    …- joint bend (ALT-drag 3rd circle_simulate joint deform @ 3rd circle)
    …- twist (ALT-drag 2nd circle)
  • SCALE
    …- 2d stretch (drag 2nd circle_axes perpendicular to the transpose line will be stretched)
    …- inset (CTRL-drag 2nd circle_with portions of tool masked off)
    …- balloon middle (ALT-drag 2nd circle_along transpose line)
    …- scale nonlinear (ALT-drag 1st/3rd circle_with most scaling done near circle grabbed)

also, i think:

• EDGE RING HIDE (CTRL-SHIFT click_on edge with lasso tool)

is not documented.

i looooooooooove these tools embedded in transpose and mousing functions so please, somebody let me know if i’m missing any! and any tutorials to really go over these in depth and to completion would be really appreciated.

thanks.

jin

EDIT: i’m editing the list above to keep the list of transpose functions up to date and complete to the best of my knowledge.

Yes, thanks, I think perhaps it’s time Transpose had a page of its own; I am looking into it.

Anyhow, you will find the essential stuff on the ZBrush Cheat Sheet pdf - also linked from the online docs Main Page.

EDIT: I’ve added some Transpose stuff to te Shortcuts pages.

awesome thanks!

forgot about duplicate and never knew that you could do an “inset” operation with scale! sweet.

oh, btw, since you’re here, do you know the difference between topological masking and smart masking? they’re invoked in the same way right (ctrl-drag out action line)? is there a way to get it to one vs another?

thanks much again.

jin

oh, crap, found NEW ones! (geez, is there anywhere where there is an EXHAUSTIVE catalog of these things so that every function is listed? hate not knowing and having potentially useful things hidden away).

ROTATE
alt drag the center circle and it will TWIST the mesh!

SCALE
alt drag the center circle it will BALLOON midsection from center circle to end circles.
alt drag the 1st/3rd circles in order to non-linear scale so that most scaling occurs near point of grab

jin

Well, as I said, a new overview of Transpose is overdue. I will do it as soon as I can.

For Smart Masking you need to select the Transpose SmartMask brush in the brush palette. See here:
Smart Masking

ah! that’s the part i was missing… i just thought it was a CTRL-drag of the tpose line. thanks again.

jin

Cripes, I had forgotten a quarter of those - and more than another quarter I never knew existed… Thanks for the refresher !