ZBrushCentral

Daiichi

STAR ***8211; Special Tactics and Rescue unit was formed as a response to ever growing need to end the conflict before it expands to a bigger region.

This unit has 13 members each trained in a different style of martial arts. They hold an intensive and rigorous selection process. Each new member has to undergo full body screening to evaluate both mental and physical strength. Those that make through undergo a final medical examination and are put through intensive training in both martial arts and military tactics. Each member is trained in fighting style that is best suited for them and is given a wide choice of weapons to pick from. Aside from the standard fire arms they all get to pick a melee weapon. They can choose from bladed to blunt weapons that include swords, staff and daggers. STAR Units are fitted with a custom armor that is built to enhance their predisposed abilities.

Daiichi (***31532;***19968; - first, number one) is the leader in this unit. He excels in the art of sword and his hand to hand combat skills are hard to match. Combination of power and speed that is enhanced by his suit gives him a perfect balance and makes him a tough opponent to beat.

update***

Attachments

WIP5.jpg

WIP4.jpg

WIP7.jpg

WIP6.jpg

Topo_08.jpg

Topo_09.jpg

Topo_11.jpg

Spent some time working on the topology. Here are some screens from 3dsmax. I’ll post some wireframe shots once it’s done.

great piece, but where are his hands ?;D
also you are going to detail the armor further in zbrush ?

hey there. Thanks man! I deleted his hands by accident and I was too much of a bum to make them again :slight_smile: I’ll add them in a day or two. Yeah that’s pretty much it. I make all the details in ZBrush with dynamesh and then I just do the topo. Its a lot easier then the classical poly modeling approach… at least for me. I think it speeds up the whole process a lot … I just don’t want to worry about poly flow and stuff while I’m trying to be creative.

love this model whats his story

Digging this one. Keep those updates coming

Thanks mate! Here is a small story about this guy.

STAR – Special Tactics and Rescue unit was formed as a response to ever growing need to end the conflict before it expands to a bigger region.

This unit has 13 members each trained in a different style of martial arts. They hold an intensive and rigorous selection process. Each new member has to undergo full body screening to evaluate both mental and physical strength. Those that make through undergo a final medical examination and are put through intensive training in both martial arts and military tactics. Each member is trained in fighting style that is best suited for them and is given a wide choice of weapons to pick from. Aside from the standard fire arms they all get to pick a melee weapon. They can choose from bladed to blunt weapons that include swords, staff and daggers. STAR Units are fitted with a custom armor that is built to enhance their predisposed abilities.
Daiichi (***31532;***19968; - first, number one) is the leader in this unit. He excels in the art of sword and his hand to hand combat skills are hard to match. Combination of power and speed that is enhanced by his suit gives him a perfect balance and makes him a tough opponent to beat.

Thanks mate! I will try to post some updates tonight or tomorrow. Busy week at work :slight_smile:

a bit more work on the topology. almost done with the basic setup.

Topo_06.jpg

Hi everyone. I had an hour of free time so I did a bit more work on hands. Tweaked the shoulder pads and the chest plate. Minor things that you wont notice until you look hard :slight_smile:
Its far from calling it done. Stay tuned.

Small update again. I’m taking my time with this one. I’m just havin fun and experimenting

Looking great dude! Awesome progess, and looking forward to seeing more of this.

Thanks man. I was busy with work these days but I will try to make some major updates during the weekend. Here is a quick render with basic shader and lightning setup to get a better feeling for this guy. I think I will start texturing and adding more geometry details as I go.

Thanks for viewing

Topo_11.jpg

Really liking your work. Love that hes got a little middle age spread/goodliving going on in his body, it adds a sense of power and maturity/experience and seperates him from the toned godlike warriors we tend to see so much of in games/film - (something I intended on capturing in my own pet project). Nice work and cant wait to see the whole gang together :slight_smile:

Beautiful! Amazing work!

Really nice work man, could be a boss in Metal Gear Revengeance ^^

awesome looking bit of gear! nice job.

AdamRodgers - I’m really happy you noticed this! That’s exactly the look that I was going for. After all he is number One in his squad.

xexex - Thanks buddy :slight_smile:

Boulp - I love MGS man :slight_smile: Thank you so much

SammehSamurai - Glad you think so man :slight_smile: Thank you so much

I unwrapped all the armor and started playing with textures, color scheme and materials. Still in early stages.

This is looking amazing!

Very nice, I love the proportion and the style, the colors also looks great.
The white head is a bit weird :slight_smile: