ZBrushCentral

IMM Random Kit-bash

Hey everybody after testing out the new IMM feature I decide to do something abstract. I created a bunch of random panels to concept hard surface machinery, mechs, etc. Also some primitives were used with dynamesh. Here is result:

So far it looks like a goldfish chopper haha.

Attachments

goldfish-chopper.jpg

tri-pieces.jpg

Looking interesting, has a great deal of potential and something I have on my ‘to do’ list once I get to playing more with IMM. Any good tuts youve come across on the subject?

Have fun and keep it coming

Thanks Adam, I do not have any break through tutorials but I care share my process later if the results are good.

While adding more IMM’s to the piece above things got messy quickly. So I did a quick paintover and this is how I want to proceed:

phirana-chopper-paintover.jpg

This kit basing of yours is looking good.

Thanks Spaceman!

Here is an update before I go to bed:

update.jpg

maybe some poly painting will bring it to life…

when you finish it ,it will be the top ,trust me!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Still looking interesting and full of potential imo.

Youve inspired me to spend a couple of hours exploring the Curve and IMM Brushes today, so once your ready to share then maybe we can start really exploring things.

Nofortune, Adam thank you for the motivating comments. Here is a 3/4 render of the Piranha Chopper. Everything was modeled and rendered in Zbrush 4r4 then composited in PS.

I am new to rendering in Zbrush so any tips would be great! I googled Zbrush rendering etc. but only got so far.

Also before I came across this “fish” form I had some crappy kit-bash failures. This one was the most interesting.

Constructive crits are welcome.

No problem chap. Ive made myself a little superdeformed character with the need for some themed piping and other inserts just so I have something fun to play with while experimenting, Ill try to keep you informed of my progress k, especially If I discover something interesting.

Looking good on the render, youll have to explain your mesh brush methods too soon k, Ive been watching and reading stuff but Im interested to know things like pivot points used and measurements kept in mind while making the parts, with a view to how much variety and tight fitting the placements will be.

BPR and ZB Render wise I can help out quite a bit, but what do you need to know really? Composite in PS or similar for best results and keep the AO and Shadow Blurs down low mostly, 1 Main 1 FIll 1 Rim(Alt click on lights to place behind), and a nice ambient colour light or two doesnt go amiss. DOF first setting wants to be at about half the distance away from the MESH front that you want things to get Maxiumum Blurry, the second point is the Max BLur distance, a little trial and error on low BPR 1 -2 will get you there. But anything specific feel free to ask k.

Thanks Adam I will try out those rendering tips.

Update of what I have been working on…

mechd-sketch.jpg

To get the initial shape and form of this mech I kitbashed random mechanical pieces with my favorite tool - DYNAMESH. I am happy enough with the form so now I can pose and render. Hopefully the pose will make less top heavy.

Crits are welcome.

im liking this

I like that last walker, it’s like the mech teams of the “ED-209”, and the “Metal Gear - Gekkou” had a Baby!
But on a concept level, nice details and flow!

How does it balance? Those legs looks scrawny for the bulk of him. I think he needs some more bulk for the foot strips and possible some toes for more balance. Like Ed 209 or something new.

Kit bash…i hate this term, it sounds sloppy and dirty

Thanks Pabgo

Koro - yes I was actually inspired by those bots (the Metal Gear concepts are my favorite)

womball - The scrawny legs come from prosthetic running leg designs.

jeh in - I am not a fan of “kitbash” either please let me know of a better term

Now it doesn’t look so top heavy:

123.jpg

rendered with Maya/Vray

updated with an abstract bkg, modeled Zbrush rendered with Vray

Looking good! Maybe a little more ambient light? Nice work