Content for Mature Audiences only. Click to view

Mature Audiences Boys and Girls

Hi guys, it's me, Selwy

Believe it or not, I just updated from ZBrush version 3.1 to 4R4 this summer! (Yes, that's silly, I know... better late than never I guess) I went into traditional wood carving for quite some time (www.ben-godi.com) and didn't had a chance to keep up with the latest releases. And now, what do I find? Tons of new features and work flows!!! Basically I had to relearn how to use ZBrush But because of its unchanged structure and a very good documentation, it took me only about three weeks or so. And because learning works best by doing, I made some sculptures. Simultaneously I could review things I have learned during my time at the wood carving academy here in North Italy. My participation ended with me teaching the other students how to use ZBrush instead of carving. But that's another story! Crazy; it seems like everyone goes "digital" these days without exceptions...

By the way, I have finally updated my website: http://www.selwy.com

Boys and Girls

I started with the same basemesh for all the characters below. For the textured guy I used QRemesher on a midres level, created new topology, projected the details back onto the new mesh and finished sculpting. For quick UV unwrapping I executed UVMaster as a push button solution - worked absolutely fantastic! With the help of Spotlight I roughly projected some reference images to the mesh and hand painted remaining spots. The images here are pure screenshots of BPR renders straight out of the ZBrush viewport. A modified version of the "old" SkinShade4 material was applied as shader.

Member User Gallery

Thumbs up

really happy to see your work again man !

i love it ! can't wait to see more .

keep it up !
    cheers

Senior Member User Gallery

Wow! That is some incredibly nice work. You sure know how to capture a smile. Awesome!

Dozens of Heads

The following heads where all created in ZBrush 3.1 years ago. At that time no BPR was available and so I imported the finished sculptures into Mudbox for presentation - because of the real-time shadows and the "smooth surface" functions. (I promise that won't happen again ) Some of them are concept sculptures and pretty low res. I also head the chance working together with a local company on the wood bust project you see below. More information and many more heads on my website.

Last edited by selwy; 09-24-12 at 08:22 AM.

Some Hard Surface sculpting

I couldn't resist trying out some hard surface techniques. All parts were directly sculpted in ZBrush 4R4 based on a concept of the amazing Andrew Ley (http://andrewley.cghub.com/images/ )

All in all, there are still MANY new features I haven't touched yet and I'm eager to explore what's possible in 4R4!

Cheers,
    Selwy
    Last edited by selwy; 09-24-12 at 08:06 AM.

Great sculpts!!!!

For the first model i've often the feeling that arms looks too small in this position, don't know why... it's probably me lol...
    Anyways those models are awesome. I love the 2 full body women and the sit guy.

Master pieces.

Member User Gallery

The works are wonderful, and the way wood carving completely surprised me. I did not know that this is possible. Unbelievable!

Excellent!!! Glad to see you posting again =) The wood carvings are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

-Joseph

Always inspiring to see your latest stuff!
    Blogfolio: gcallahan.com

Good to see you back on here Selwy, and great to see some new work. That wood work is jaw dropping. Your sculpting inspires me, and makes me want to keep trying, keep showing your art.

So good to see more of your work! Beautiful forms you have made. What was the cost associated with the milling process for the wooden bust? Care to share any information on the process and the company (or individual) that produced the final?

Peace-NickZ.

Quote Originally Posted by julien3d View Post
    Great sculpts!!!!

For the first model i've often the feeling that arms looks too small in this position, don't know why... it's probably me lol...
    same here.

crazy stuff, good to have you back

Member User Gallery

Welcome back Selwy, i really love your new works

very nice work!

Top notch work all round. Nice work, now lets see some wooden power armour

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast