Default seen before - nothing new

hi guys,

its apparently hip to create stuff like seen in the movie prometheus.
    ok - here´s my contribution just for fun

sorry to say that, but in my humble opinion - as cool images like these might look -
    they are super easy to do - there are no greater skills needed
    like knowledge about human anatomy or modeling skills.

everyone with a little understanding of zbrush could do this kind of stuff.
    this image took me 20 minutes to create

LOL, I agree, Giger to me is soooo 1980's (bought all hugely overpriced Biomechanics books back then and worshiped them for a year or two, they leave me cold these days).

Keep up the erm... stuff?

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Oh cool, an art snob on Zbrushcentral! Unfortunately, you don't really get to decide what is art and what isn't art. Also, how easy it was to create something really has no relevance to how good a piece is. You should probably post something that isn't incoherent and completely pixelated if you want to make a case for yourself while trashing a bunch of other artists work! I'm not even a huge fan of the style, but thinking what you've done here is on the same level as http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...520#post938520 is quite an insult, especially when you do it in such a childish passive-aggressive way. This reminds me of all of the guys bashing on Spiritdreamer just because he was exploring and having fun. Let's just let ZBC devolve into nothing but anatomy studies, and orc sculpts. that'll be a lot more artistic.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic.ollie;975864 from a previous thread
    Gutalin Style Tribute

Hi guys,

i tried like a madman to figure out how Gutalin created his works with those endless details. Gutalin rules !
    20 minutes, huh? Sounds like it took you a long time to figure out such an "easy" task.

All the best,
    Robert
    Last edited by polaroid29; 09-23-12 at 01:19 PM.

Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by polaroid29 View Post
    Oh cool, an art snob on Zbrushcentral! Unfortunately, you don't really get to decide what is art and what isn't art. Also, how easy it was to create something really has no relevance to how good a piece is. You should probably post something that isn't incoherent and completely pixelated if you want to make a case for yourself while trashing a bunch of other artists work! I'm not even a huge fan of the style, but thinking what you've done here is on the same level as http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...520#post938520 is quite an insult, especially when you do it in such a childish passive-aggressive way. This reminds me of all of the guys bashing on Spiritdreamer just because he was exploring and having fun. Let's just let ZBC devolve into nothing but anatomy studies, and orc sculpts. that'll be a lot more artistic.

20 minutes, huh? Sounds like it took you a long time to figure out such an "easy" task.

All the best,
    Robert

Hahahaahhah you took the words out of my mouth and your link is a perfect example of what this style looks like done right (Doesnt look easy to me, it looks bad ass).
    HASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME

Quote Originally Posted by polaroid29 View Post
    Oh cool, an art snob on Zbrushcentral! Unfortunately, you don't really get to decide what is art and what isn't art.... Let's just let ZBC devolve into nothing but anatomy studies, and orc sculpts. that'll be a lot more artistic.
    It sounds like you've made your own decision about what's art in these forums and what isn't art. Some of us happen to think all those anatomy studies and orcs took some real talent to create as well. Everyone can decide for themselves what they like, or don't like.
    Also, not every single person who critiqued SpiritDreamer's work meant to be malicious about it. Some people started with the best of intentions. He chose to ignore those critiques and do his own thing, which was also his own decision to make.
    "Whoever controls the media, the images, controls the culture." - Allen Ginsberg

There may have been a little anger in the initial posters tone? (I'm not good at distinguishing between sarcastic pokery and hate posts), but I do tend to find what Id call 'Procedural' 'Art' is made very accessible by tools like the new insert and curve brushes, it reminds me of the huge influx of repetition and 'complexitiy' that occurred when Max greeble plugins hit the market, that said; anything that gets people playing and being arty is good imo.

Now cant we all just be cool and get along? or at least respect peoples opinions? I love you, all of you

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    It sounds like you've made your own decision about what's art in these forums and what isn't art. Some of us happen to think all those anatomy studies and orcs took some real talent to create as well. Everyone can decide for themselves what they like, or don't like.
    Also, not every single person who critiqued SpiritDreamer's work meant to be malicious about it. Some people started with the best of intentions. He chose to ignore those critiques and do his own thing, which was also his own decision to make.
    My point was that he is dismissing an entire style by saying it was too overdone on these forums, and then proceeded to suggest something that is done FAR more often. I don't think either of them are bad or good, as it is not my place to say. I have posted a ton of anatomy studies myself, and have seen plenty of orcs or goblins that I highly enjoy. The point was just that a lot of things are overdone to a certain extent, but that dismissing other people's work just because it's not your taste is a little childish. Even moreso since he himself has posted work in the style that he is dismissing, saying he couldn't figure out how to do it.

Whoops,
    Robert
    Last edited by polaroid29; 09-23-12 at 07:29 PM.

Ok children. playtime is over.

He just said, that what he has created is easily done. not what those other guys did, or the style in general, if you can call it that.
    I never do expect much intelligence from americans in general, but I can expect at least, that you guys know your own langauge good enoughe to be capabel of basic reading. So don't try to read things which ain't even written.

Furthermore, all that subdevision HD sculpting similar to the alien saga is based on the movie "alien", not prometheus. alien is far older than prometheus and the design did not change a bit during those 10 episodes, however.

One thing to the artist... please do not upload oversized pictures. smaller resolution would work fine as well.
    Last edited by MaxPeterson; 09-24-12 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPeterson View Post
    Ok children. playtime is over.

He just said, that what he has created is easily done. not what those other guys did, or the style in general, if you can call it that.
    I never do expect much intelligence from americans in general, but I can expect at least, that you guys know your own langauge good enoughe to be capabel of basic reading. So don't try to read things which ain't even written.
    Hahahahahahah why would you talk about Americans intelligence!? Hahahahahah your a douche bag.
    HASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME

Default Strange behaviour people

Hi,
    Just read this post and I am a bit annoyed. I am a female art teacher in England
    and I can tell you that there has always been a derivative explosion in art.
    When Picasso started doing his cubist stuff he was actually strongly influenced
    bya few others ie his contemporaries. Then a whole lot of people got on to
    the bandwagon. It is totally normal. Easy is never a word one should use with art
    as it may be a statemment that you do not fully comprehend as the viewer.
    Not all things are immediately evident and being down right nasty about it it
    does nothing but show your own ignorance.
    In regards to 'stupid americans'. I feel that people who make statements like that
    are themselves extremely stupid and should STFU.
    How condescending and how rediculous to make such a statement about a nation
    that is the leader in most fields of science, art and technology.
    Just grow up a little and be a bit more respectful of others or as I said STFU!
    Last edited by Zsoka; 09-24-12 at 03:38 AM.

you are right when you try to set the word art into relation with any level of difficulty.

But are we talking about art?
    Art and design are 2 different things. That you, as art teacher, should know best. if not, then oyu should visit university again.

When we are talking about effects, like photoshop filtereffects, or 3D effects, you CAN talk about difficulty.
    It's really a surprise how many native english speakers can not understand and use their own langauge. maybe thats the reason for political chaos in the most english speaking countries

And to give you some more information. The leader of technology in the msot fields is central Europe. Not america.
    NASA was provided with technology by ESA. Without Wernher von Braun, America had not all the toys they have today. Alos medicine and radiology and actually everything is from central Europe. Even America is from central Europe*.
    If you don't know a lot about history and global facts, then, please don't try to comment.

The original colonists where not the smartest people from europe. You can see that in americas basic laws btw. But this does not belong into an art forum. Im just shocked how extremely stupid commetns are who come from english speakers.

but I can expect at least, that you guys know your own langauge good enoughe to be capabel of basic reading.
    Calling an entire nation of people stupid while demonstrating (in the same sentence) that you can't even spell correctly..

Priceless
    Last edited by Horganovski; 09-24-12 at 08:08 AM.

Default Hmmmm - last statement from me for sure.

at MaxPeterson

Either you are just in a bad hair day or you are a total idiot.
    Either way most of your statement is just so much childish dribble.
    The US is, at this moment in time the LEADER in Science, Technology
    and Art (incl.film, games, and in many art forms) and it does not matter
    where they get their heritage from. If it did matter then we would all be
    thankful to the apes etc . Your condescending tone does nothing to advance
    your arguments and to be perfectly frank with you I showed your post to
    my class just now and they all laughed out loud at what a pompous little ass you are.
    Hope you have a nice day now and if you want to mix it with the big girls you better get a bigger bra.

For you ladies and gentlemen just tuning in ...

We have an OP who attempts to prove that a particular style and method is not valuable because there are no great skills involved in its practice. This person attempts to reinforce their statement by providing an image that not only looks nothing like the style they are referring to, but is instead a pixelated and out-of-focus mess with no focal point, mood, atmosphere, or suggestion of biomechanical form. Lest I forget, this same OP also argues that this style is somehow inferior to others because it doesn't require any knowledge of human anatomy - despite the fact that there are rarely any humans depicted using it (and, indeed, a lack of purely organic forms is the basis of the style itself)? Just thought that was strange.

Next up we have special guest MaxPeterson, who not only makes an asinine argument in support of the OP while contradicting the OP, but also inexplicably chooses to insult the intelligence of a nation of over 300 million people. Thankfully, MaxPeterson is kind enough to point out to us the existence of the film Alien - just in case we had never heard of it. Thanks, Max!

Several kind and intelligent people have showed up to explain why both the OP and MaxPeterson have embarrassed themselves, and while the OP has yet to recover from the shame and return to his creation, Max decided to go ahead and continue his idiocy by insulting another forum member (based off his superior knowledge of "Art and design are not the same thing. They aren't even the same word!") as well as by continuing to insist that the United States is full of a bunch of idiots who wouldn't even have running water if it wasn't for a Nazi.

At this point in the broadcast, we would like to suggest that our valued audience check out all of the posts by MaxPeterson. Clearly, whatever country Max is from raises only the finest artists and intellectuals!

Stay tuned, dear listener, for the thrilling conclusion of this horrible thread!

Please please please MODS, just close this down, its like a scab on the forums I cant help but pick.

I'm a little worried about so much of this thread, but my fav irks are 'Rediculous' (sic); from a teacher!. The fact someone could start defending a nations intelligence by selling us on the idea they are world leaders in three pretty spurious fields? related how? why? wha...oh heck sure I'm sure that whoever is the world leader in Drug exports and tourism also has a nation full of High IQ over achievers, if that's in any way relevant?

Mostly I'm alarmed that said 'teacher' could then go on to insult someone personally in a huge leap to hypocrisy then.. then! show her class. MaxPetersons American comment was almost certainly aimed to flame, if not then its a pointer to wards a slightly odd mindset imo, just ignore it, move on, don't react or if you do, make it short sweet and keep on target, that's my advice. I'm new here and this is all a little disconcerting to me tbh.

(Please don't take this as a personal attack Zsoka, I'm just a little worried that as someone who claims to be a teacher you actually involve yourself in this and in such a manner )

For the record - my understanding of Cubism - invented by PP, a bit of Braque for good measure and a little competition with Matisse, no real inspiration from contemporaries on record but maybe you could argue primitivism and Cezanne had an influence. Nobody works in a vacuum, though so...

I'm going to kick myself for getting involved a third time in this thread, but please cant we all just get along and stop the pointless bickering? Or at least move it to an appropriate area of the forums? I feel the OP had an axe to grind about some work he/she had spent a long time over and now that's being compounded by a throw away thread getting more attention than the real work, and almost certainly more than its due.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast