Default The Dark Tower - Roland Deschain

Being a massive fan of Stephen Kings The Dark Tower series, I have been wanting to sculpt the main character Roland Deschain for a while. I love the Disney Infinity gaming figuring style so that was my inspiration.

This is where I am at...

In the books Roland is described as looking like Clint Eastwood so I started getting the likeness with the head.

After sculpting a guide body, I went to work on the gun and holster.

Next will be the boots
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gun Comp 01.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	739.2 KB 
ID:	488987   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Holster Comp.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	725.0 KB 
ID:	488988  

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

i love those books. cant wait to see what you do with this

Pretty stoked to get this one finished and I am officially addicted to sculpting.

After making the boots I moved onto the torso, arms and head with a hat. There were two attempts at the jacket. The first one was too wavy, kind of like a cape. The second one has more weight.

After posing him, I rendered out a few angles from zbrush and comped them in Photoshop. I am still contemplating getting Keyshot. I would love it but am still struggling to justify it.

The total points came in at just under 200,000 (About 220k with the base) so I am pretty happy with that effort.

There are a few things that I would like to go back and clean up and even do a 2nd pose with the guns drawn but as for now it is done.
    Cheers for reading.

New Member Follow User Gallery
    Prescott, AZ

Nice work the coat looks great. I find the hardest thing to sculpt is anything with a collar on it. At least I haven't found an easy way to make it in Zbrush yet.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Very cool. The last one looks really clean, great job. Are you gonna print it?
    Best Regards

Anton Angheluta

Creative Director
    Atelier Angheluta

instagram: @atelierangheluta