New Member User Gallery

Default Maya 2013 -> GoZ importing problems

So I have some objects that I've been trying to move into zbrush to do some sculpting on, and whenever I push the magic GoZ button i get an error that says:

----------------------------------------
    IMPORT ERROR

Incorrect Face data detected.
    Operation canceled.

OK
    ----------------------------------------

After pushing OK, there is another dialogue box that says:

Error encountered while importing a file

I have spent a fair amount of time searching the internet for a solution to this problem but the only thing I can find is one thread located in the zbrushcentral archives. Which I am unable to access

I have made other objects that import correctly using GoZ and I can import the defective meshes using an obj export/import just fine. I am really wanting to use GoZ for this transfer because I have creased edges on these mesh's and am honestly not proficient enough with zbrush to apply creased edges to them inside of the software.

Any help would be appreciated.

New Member User Gallery

Same is happening to me, new machine with maya 2012 hotfix 4, and zbrush 4 r4.

Would love to be able to bring in a creased mesh. But I'm unable to import .ma files with or without GoZ. I was able to do so before with the same versions of maya and Zbrush on the old system. Confused of why it stopped working, I don't think is GOZ related for importing an individual .ma doesn't work. I've created a simple sphere in maya to import in Zbrush, same thing... Help!

Thanks1

New Member User Gallery

OK at least for me the problem was solved once I deleted all my color sets. The mesh had 3 vertex color sets, which are independent of history. After that I was able to bring the mesh into Zbrush.

I hope this helps!

I saw another forum about maya 2013 that says it adds a -ch to the .ma file removing them seems to fix it temporarily...

-Kjeld
    Last edited by Mr.Kjeld; 10-25-12 at 05:57 PM.

New Member User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Kjeld View Post
    OK at least for me the problem was solved once I deleted all my color sets. The mesh had 3 vertex color sets, which are independent of history. After that I was able to bring the mesh into Zbrush.

I hope this helps!

I saw another forum about maya 2013 that says it adds a -ch to the .ma file removing them seems to fix it temporarily...

-Kjeld

This helped a great deal. I was having the same issue and had no idea I had vert color applied to the mesh and if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have thought to check

New Member User Gallery

excellent find. I just encountered the same error. Didn't find anything on vertex color, but I figured uv-data is also vertex data, and indeed; a second uv channel was the culprit. Removing that made a transfer to zbrush possible.