ZBrushCentral

Darksiders 2 Environment Art

Hello everyone. I’m an environment artist at Vigil Games. We just wanted to share a few samples of our environment work on Darksiders 2. We are all very proud of our work and the game and we hope you enjoy looking at it as much as we enjoyed making it.

Cheers!
Ben Lewis

Attachments

DemonDrPort.jpg

DemonSwitches.jpg

GnoMADScythe.jpg

LegionStatue.jpg

MakersA.jpg

MakersB.jpg

MakersC.jpg

Platforms.jpg

Platformsb.jpg

Skulls.jpg

TreeGate.jpg

i would give my left nut to be thsi good ;f

@ slociklol…thanks but don’t sell yourself short. I see that bust you did. Here’s s’more. Couldn’t figure out how to get them on them all in one post.

amazing work!!! Loving everything about the work you guys did! Cant wait to get some free time to try this game out!

Ok one more! Forgot this one, sorry Adam. <3!!
DemonPlate.jpg

Love the renders! Really nice job on the art with this. Love how much ZBrush sculpting went into this game. Seems like way more than the first one.

WOW!!! Stunning work. Beautiful. Bravo!!!

Incredible!!! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Yeah Beautiful Work!!!

Excellent:+1:
Something like this should be in top row:+1:

Wooo! Awesome stuff Ben!

Simply marvelous! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Hi everyone and thank you very much for your nice comments. For those of you that asked, we all have our own methods but here is what my own brush shelf looks like. I seldom need to go to the brush palette for anything else but if I do its usually for clip brushes or insert brushes. I also frequently use dynamesh, zspheres, zsketch, shadow box, projection master and other things when I feel the situation calls for it. Hope that helps.

amazing dude!! top row!!

Absolutly Amazing as someone said b4 left nut for those skills are a bargain :stuck_out_tongue:
Great Job and Uber skills !!

Top Row it now ZBC!! :smiley:

epic! inspiring works!

Fantastic work! Your work is very beautiful.
Hopes to see more work from you and your team on zbrushcentral.
I like Vigil Games.:+1:

Thats Amazing!, Question, the Slash and the Pockmarks Brushes r made by you? or where can i get it? Thanks for ur help :smiley:

Yes I made both of those. They are each very simple. I just started with Standard and added a displacement of a shape that I sculpted onto a flat surface and i have them both set to drag. The slash brushes use is self explanatory, the pock marks are really just for a little control in creating noise around damaged bits.

Cool! Thx very much for the explain! i really apreciate it :wink: