Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Luciano

Hi everyone!

This is my latest work "Luciano". He is a wealthy, well educated, dedicated father and husband in his mid 50s.

I got inspired with classical paintings this time (Hans Holbein a Northern Renaissance artist). I was browsing through his work for days and I just felt the urge to make this artwork.

I learned a lot during the making of this portrait. I did all of the modeling inside ZBrush and with the arrival of the latest version things got a lot easier. I had more time to experiment and play with dynamesh and not to worry about topology. I just loved it! QRemesher and the new topology tools really rock! All of the textures were hand painted with ZBrush as well. Fur and Hair was done with Fibermesh and then rendered out with hair and fur.

Rendering was done with 3DSmax and Vray.

Thanks for viewing and leaving your comments.

update: Seems I had some problems with the calibration of my monitor at home. I added a bit more blacks.

**** Update ****

I thought I share my sss2 shader setup here since most of you like how the skin turned out. Shader tests are based on Lee's head scan.
    Shader results can be seen here
    Here is the link with max file including Lee's head and all the textures. Just hit render and you will get the same results as seen here
    Last edited by bomoh; 09-13-12 at 01:33 PM.

ooh fantastic, the face of the character is just perfect and real..the only thing is the blur and lights of some objects in front and in the background..it's like something is wrong i don't know but the rest is totally amazing. Would be great to see the model without textures (just clay material) . Keep on posting.

Thumbs up ...

Your killing me man. I hope to be as good as you in the next 5 years. keep it up, breakdowns are always cool (if you have time).
    -Matt

great portrait, wonderful use of your inspirations :-) also like pose and attitude, very well set.
    my fun with zbrush thread, my homepage riolama, and my zbrush blog

Thank you so much guys!!! You are too kind!
    Last edited by bomoh; 09-13-12 at 05:39 AM.

Overall, I would say this is top row as I am picking my jaw up from the floor. My only crit would be that the folds on the sleeves don't look quite right.

Now both are without dof ;D
    Anyway, great work, only crit would be that the cloths feel plastic, you should play around with its specularity, and the folds on sleeves seem kinda wrong
    his head and hands are perfect, what magic did you use there ? ;d

Quote Originally Posted by zber2 View Post
    Overall, I would say this is top row as I am picking my jaw up from the floor. My only crit would be that the folds on the sleeves don't look quite right.
    Thanks buddy! Really glad you like him! I could have played more with him but I'm working on two other characters at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by slocik View Post
    Now both are without dof ;D
    Anyway, great work, only crit would be that the cloths feel plastic, you should play around with its specularity, and the folds on sleeves seem kinda wrong
    his head and hands are perfect, what magic did you use there ? ;d
    Sorry about that buddy Erased it by mistake. Glad you like him!!! Cheers

Doin! AMAZING! maybe you could add some decay and make it seem like an old painting? just a suggestion for e perfect image.

Hi Bomoh. Great work man. It's truly amazing. However, I agree with the other posts about the sleeves and its folds. They way the look right now makes it feel like the sleeve is made of some other material rather than cloth. Nevertheless, incredible work. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by nassosa View Post
    Doin! AMAZING! maybe you could add some decay and make it seem like an old painting? just a suggestion for e perfect image.
    Thank you so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aurfax View Post
    Hi Bomoh. Great work man. It's truly amazing. However, I agree with the other posts about the sleeves and its folds. They way the look right now makes it feel like the sleeve is made of some other material rather than cloth. Nevertheless, incredible work. Take care.
    Thanks mate! I'm glad you like him.

Here are two screens of his head

Hell Yeah !!!!! Bravo !

Je ba chki
    Last edited by cherub_rock; 09-13-12 at 09:11 AM.

AR-MAN - Thanks buddy!!! Love your classical paintings!!!

I thought I share my sss2 shader setup here since most of you like how the skin turned out. Shader tests are based on Lee's head scan.
    Shader results can be seen here
    Here is the link with max file including Lee's head and all the textures. Just hit render and you will get the same results as seen here
    Last edited by bomoh; 09-13-12 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cherub_rock View Post
    Je ba chki

Hehehe thank cherub!!! Been a while since I heard from you!!! Hope all is well pal!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast