Senior Member User Gallery

@Campi: I'll see about adding that functionality for ya
    @stefanobernardi: I'll have to bug Marcus about the Curve Graph Coding; I'll see what I can do.
    @zber2: hendrik F is correct, only one *.obj is stored at a time. The next time you run Zwelder it will overwrite the old *.obj

-Joseph

Default InsertMesh and Zwelder

I couldn't get neither of these to show up under the ZPlugin Tab. I'm using ZBrush 4R4 P2.
    Ronald F. Hicks

Graphic Designer/Cartoonist
    ArfGrafix

I'm getting the following errors when trying to use zWelder with 4r5. I really like and use this plug a lot so I thought I'd show the errors in case there is a fix. I get these errors on any given object. Its always the same errors. I didn't get these in 4r4. The errors occur in order from the top down.
    Windows 7 64bit.

Thank you,

Ron

Please disregard. I had the plugin only in zBrush 4r5\ZData\ZPlugs and not in zBrush 4r5\ZStartup\ZPlugs. It works fine now.

ZWelder

Change Log

v1.6: Initial Public Release
    v1.7: MacOSX shortcut fix for Zbrush 4R5. Thanks to Marcus for the solution!

Notes

If you run into any issues let me know and I will attempt to fix them! Hope this plugin helps!
    Thanks!

-Joseph
    Attached Files Attached Files

InsertMesh Master

Change Log

v1.2: Initial Public Release
    v1.4: MacOSX shortcut fix for Zbrush 4R5. Thanks to Marcus for the solution!

Notes

Once again my Zscripting knowledge is average at best; if you find any bugs or other issues please report them in this thread.

Thanks!

-Joseph
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Member User Gallery

Smile micromesh and welding issue. Help!

Hey there!, thanks for the awesome plugins. I am having and issue with micromesh and welding these coin pieces. I have tried many things, even going out and trying to weld the open edges in an external software, and cant make it work, still would love to fix this just with zbrush, I cant figure out what i'm doing wrong. So here are some images.

I highly appreciate any insight into what i'm doing wrong or overlooking. By the way I also get the error tonare mentioned before though I do have zwelder installed in ztartup/zplugs folder.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	micromesh weld issue breakdown.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	301.4 KB 
ID:	361306   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	micromesh weld issue placement problem.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	156.4 KB 
ID:	361307   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zweld error.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	136.5 KB 
ID:	361308  

New Member User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Vicentemente View Post
    Hey there!, thanks for the awesome plugins. I am having and issue with micromesh and welding these coin pieces. I have tried many things, even going out and trying to weld the open edges in an external software, and cant make it work, still would love to fix this just with zbrush, I cant figure out what i'm doing wrong. So here are some images.

I highly appreciate any insight into what i'm doing wrong or overlooking. By the way I also get the error tonare mentioned before though I do have zwelder installed in ztartup/zplugs folder.

Thanks
    try this out that might fix your issue micro mesh hood lesson
    http://pixologic.com/zclassroom/homeroom/lesson/military-assets-with-joseph-drust/

New Member User Gallery

Yes, I tried that.

Thanks
    Yes, I tried that.
    I got the same errors when I tried the plugin too....

Did you watch the whole video above about the hood?
    The problem you are running into is two things I think, the first is that your object is not welding correctly because you have not used the Spin Edges trick to get everything pointed in the same direction (this is a guess on my part).
    The second problem COULD be that its simply too tall (in Z relative to the center of the object its being applied to).
    Bare in mind here Im kind of guessing, Im dealing with the same sort of problem. I don't know enough about this to say any of that as fact.
    Look though at the Spin Edges part of that video, its towards the end, I think that could help a lot.
    nope...
    I don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it anyway.

New Member User Gallery

Hey thanks for the reply!

I'm positive its not the spin edges, since I did know about that and tried that also. Maybe it's the second thing u mentioned. What is really curious is that some parts do weld while others dont. I have more projects on my hands at the moment and haven't been back to solving this. But will certainyl do so at some point.

Thanks!

Many thanks for sharing these. Very useful!

Cheers!
    TheRazorsEdge

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
    - Bruce Lee -

New Member User Gallery

Default Thank you Joseph Drust

Really appreciate your script. Log in just to say thanks.

Confirmed: yes ZWelder works with Micromeshes. I run 4R6 W64. I tested it on a dozen different square/circular mms, no spin edge, all sticks. Only minor issue is Zwelded MM subtool won't keep initial micromesh polygroups.

Zwelder is definitely stickier than Zbrush's own Micromesh>Weld Points, which only welded one out of my dozen squarish micromeshes.

Zwelder is also more efficient in optimizing BPR2Geo micromeshed subtool than Micromesh>Optimising Points.

Micromeshes must be even on all 4 sides for any welding operation to work. My take on why some MM sticks and some won't, is sizes. Too small or too big/overlapping, no vertex to cling to. X Y must have perfect symmetry. Regardless, Zwelder welded what Zbrush Weld Point failed to weld. Setting ZWelder threshold higher seems to ensure overlapping and welding success, even if it'll lessen overall uniformity, something I can live with.

I will now test Zwelder on curve brushes and simpler operations like joining 2 polygroups.

Thanks again Joseph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12