ZBrushCentral

Dantert's Sketchbook

I think it’s time to post my works and become part of the zbrush community!
I started following this site 3 years ago, when I started using Zbrush and to study 3D, but I didn’t dare to post my works because I felt so small compared to the great artists which creations always show on this site and they always inspired me in my personal works.
Now…nothing is really changed, I mean, I’m certainly better than when I started but I’m not a virtuos of Zbrush, but now I want to expose my creations to you and receive your critiques to improve.
So I want to post all the works of which I’m most proud of from the start to now and onwards!
Let’s start it!

This was my first model, I made it without knowing pratically nothing about zbrush and less about low poly modeling but I remember I really had fun doing it!:stuck_out_tongue:
The renders of this first models were made years ago so the quality is not the best XD

lucertolone1.jpg

lucertolone2.jpg

After some practice I made this copy of the statue of Michelangelo by Emilio Santarelli fromm the Uffizi gallery in Florence.
When I look at it I think “How could I do so unpolished draping??” :roll_eyes:

Michelangelo.jpg

This one was made for a project with my cultural association Mentezero

Shitmentezero.jpg

Attachments

lucertolone1.jpg

lucertolone2.jpg

2 Likes

This is a fan art of lust from the manga Full Metal Alchemist

lust 2.jpg

lust color.jpg
lust close up color.jpg

Attachments

lust 2.jpg

lust close up color.jpg

lust color.jpg

Your too humble Dantert, the stuff you posted looks really good i hope there is alot more to come :smiley: :wink:

Thanks!! I’m really happy that you appreciate it!!

Here some more then!:smiley:

This is a futuristic archangel that flies with the engines on her back, the fire product by them create the effect of two huge wings.
The swords work like the engines, create fire that melt everything it touch, like the rock on the basement^_^
It was only for practice, based on a sketch made by me some years ago.
The final render was my first attempt but I’m satisfied about it, it was made in maya with the lowpoly of 12k tris and 1024x1024 maps.

Archangel model1.jpg

Some details
DAArchangel3.jpg
DAArchangel4.jpg

Final render
Archangel chiuso.jpg
ArchangelApertoFront.jpg

Render in Zbrush and compositing in photoshop
Archangel face.jpg

Attachments

Archangel chiuso.jpg

Archangel model1.jpg

ArchangelApertoFront.jpg

DAArchangel3.jpg

DAArchangel4.jpg

I love FMA :smiley:
As for your models, you shoudl focus on anatomy and main forms more. For example, you last work, the small details arent needed at all, they are barley noticeable and tbh just seem like a random noise, but what you could have added is more cloth folds and small wrinkles. Over all you models seem a bit high poly for what you are actually capable of using, maybe try working on lower sub div, its faster, and dosnt really matter in the end. since the forms is what count.
Anyway nice start.

Thanks for your useful tips!
I will treasure them!!:smiley:

ps: I love your models!!

This is a project that I started for a contest about metamorphosis, but because of university exams I didn’t have got enough time to complete it.

Now let me explain the concept!
In the future, after the melting of the ice and the reduction of the emerged lands, some scientists decided that the only way for the human race to survive will be to evolve in some type of creature that can live under water.
So they tried to merge a human fetus with a shark’s DNA.
After several tests they create 4v3, an imperfect prototype, born without gills.
To let her survive they created artificial gills so that she could breath and put it on her as a collar, so she could move easily.
She’ll be for the scientists the mother of a new type of human race.

sharkgirl color1.jpg
sharkgirl color2.jpg
sharkgirl front grey.jpg

the artificial gills
collare.jpg

This is my second attempt of render with passes, I made the passes with zbrush and I composited them with photoshop.
I’m really satisfied of the result.
She comes out from the dark water of her tank searching for someone in the lab that could free her.
Shark girl finita.jpg

A close up
Shark girl close-up.jpg

Maybe I’ll post other pics of this work :slight_smile:
I hope you’ll like it!!!

Attachments

collare.jpg

Shark girl close-up.jpg

sharkgirl color1.jpg

sharkgirl color2.jpg

I like the design, but it feels unfinished
head is a bit small compared to the body, hers ides between ribs and hips lack in definition, her back muscles seem a bit small considering she would spend most of her time using them to swim, just like professional swimmers have big backs, side of her mouth feel out of place, i would collapse those things more, and fill it around with skin, eyelids too small, i doubt she needs big ones underwater, but still some definition would her
And my biggest problem are her breasts, they arent round, instead are stretching to the inside of her chest, keep in mind that breast lie on your ribs, so there should be a more defined place where the start and where just the muscles/ bones pop under the skin

Hm, this time I have to disagree with you on some things, I made the back muscles in this way because she’s not a dolphin, I mean, she swims moving her tail left and right not up and down and she uses the arms like a shark uses his pectoral fins, so they are not meant to be so big as you think.
The eyelids are small because they are like our coccyx, a useless little tail left by the mutation, I think that she didn’t even closes her eyes, just like sharks don’t have eye lids.
I have to agree with you about the big eyes and strange mouth, I made them knowing well that are not “sharky” but more “fishy” eyes, but I like them that way, because the original concept was a fish girl and I liked that details that I had made…so I kept them in the final model XD.
I can only partially agree about the breasts, I know that they are not human’s, I tryed to slightly change the disposition of the fat to differentiate them from the real ones, flattening and stretching them thinking a little about a mutation linked a bit with the aerodynamics of the forms…but maybe I’m just wrong XD I’m still learning anatomy and your comments are very valuable for me and my learning process! Thanks again about it!

Cool stuff, solid modelling! :+1:

Thanks!!:slight_smile:

yeah, thats why i said the eyelids arent necessarily needed, but she should use some definition in form of bones or something around her eyes, so they dont look like they will op out oh her head at any moment ;D And i get your idea to stretch her skin more on her chest, but considering she has pretty big breast i would imagine they would position themself better and get more rounded, especially in water, breast are mostly body fat after all, they dont keep their shape like muscles at all times. Im not saying they should be perfectly round, but there should be a subtle or strong definition where the breasts start and where the normal body fat that lies on muscles and the ribs ends, especially on someone with lower body fat ;f

O.O I didn’t count the fact that she is under water XD You’re right!!

Great works here… 5 stars from me!!! :wink:

Hahaha too kind Gattomanzo! XD

Something I’m working on, trying to improve my skills in anatomy and texturing…and more to come :smiley: Hope you like it!!

Torso Wip.jpg

Attachments

Torso Wip.jpg

just amazing…love the details

Thanks!!

Final detail of my last character which the torso was for
I hope you like it! It was very fun to sculp it!

Front e back zbrush sculpt low.jpg

Next I’ll upload some renders of the lowpoly :smiley:

Attachments

Front e back zbrush sculpt low.jpg

Finally finished!
This is a next generation character that I made following this tutorial http://www.digitaltutors.com/11/training.php?pid=733
I really improved my skills and my understanding of the 3d world a lot!
I really recommend it to all the starters interested in the production of 3d characters for games.
I used Xsi for the base mesh, zbrush for sculpting the detail, xNormalto bake the maps and Marmoset Toolbag to render it.

I made this character after my trip in china, I was really inspired by that beautiful culture!

For the final render I used Diffuse/alpha, Normal, specular/gloss, and emissive maps.

Now some backstory…yep I like to make some story about my personal characters to know more about their life and know what to emphasize in the sculpting, doing so I think prevents placing for example random pieces of different armors only because it seems cool but to the spectators only seems a random thrash thing without life, but that’s my opinion…
However , like the title said he is a young God that trying to protect the earth from the other gods abuses get exiled in the doom lands where deprived of his powers had to survive only counting on his battle skills…but now he’s returned…and his golden eyes scream…Justice!

Frontale posa 1 meno low.jpgBack posa 1 meno low.jpg

Frontale posa 1 low.jpgBack posa 1 low.jpg
Front e lato low.jpg

This is a next generation game character, so the polycount is really high and the maps too, I tryed to push the polys as far as I can without wasting them, capturing the base forms.
Wireframe low.jpg

Zoom 1 low.jpg

Zoom 3 low.jpg

The Sky and Earth Guan dao .
Alabarda low.jpg
I call it that way because in the chinese culture the dragon is the symbol of the sky and the phoenix is the symbol of the earth.

Zoom 2 low.jpg

Tell me what you think about it! I need some criticism to improve my skills!

I hope you like it! I really enjoyed making it!

Attachments

Alabarda low.jpg

Front e lato low.jpg

Zoom 1 low.jpg