New Member User Gallery

Red face New member: I have Sculptris now, and hope to have Z-Brush by the new year

That is if that happens!

I do mostly photo shop and 3D in Poser 2012. I also paint in Painter 11.

I have wanted Z-Brush for some time now. But it was too pricey for my budget last year. It
    looks like I can buy it come January. In the meantime I have Sculptris.

Any help or advice is taken to heart.

My first question is what can or won't work in sculptris? Like Brushes and so on created for Z-Brush?

Thank You...

Digi B

Senior Member User Gallery

Welcome Db,
    Zbrush tools wont work in Sculptris but when you get Zbrush you will be able to use the GoZ feature to bounce between sculptris and Z. Poser 2012 really is a commendable program. I have taken sculptris figures to it before to bone and animate after retopping them. Really nice program. There is another thread here dealing with Daz that would also be related. Looking forward to seeing your work
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

New Member User Gallery

I can take a look but DSA4 and Poser2012 are nothing alike. Too bad on the brushes for Sculptris, maybe I can try my hand at creating some using photo shop and the textures I have made. If I succeed I will be sure to post them for the forum!

Thank you for the welcome, it does seem a bit empty around here?!

Digi B

Senior Member User Gallery

Heh, I havent used DS much at all either but that thread is still related. It did use to be much busier around here but you have people like myself who come in rarely. I just havent been in much of a creative cycle lately. Looking around me though there are still regulars posting and thats great. I love sculptris and Z. Am kind of looking forward to trying Z's new retop features on sculptris models I have done

You cant go wrong with photoshop and painter. To me they are hand in hand the most powerful 2d combination and thats the combo I have always used. Anyway I will try and start coming in here more. I have a lot of pent up creativity lol Looking forward to seeing your brushes as well

Tartan
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

New Member User Gallery

oopsie! Double post...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BaseTexture 1a.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	320756   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mix 1a.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	320757  
    Last edited by DigiBitch; 08-28-12 at 12:19 AM.

New Member User Gallery

Hi Tartan!

Very nice to meet you as well! I don't have z-brush yet, but it is high on my list of software come this new year! I have so many software programs, but you know you have to really love one to commit to it! I am a poser owner from version 5, loved it early, love it more now! I do mostly 2D products, and those are mainly backgrounds. Not the standard type, more from a "you need this to expand upon" type. I am posting 2 smaller samples here, please feel free to use as you like (*and that goes for anyone else as well!). I will try to do some textures for just sculptris, altho it might take me a few weeks to get used to the program.

Some are abstract, some are hand painted for specific needs.

Digi B