Member User Gallery

Default I wish to buy ZBrush 4r4 :) until then, Sculptris does the Trick :)

Hey all, this forum is just plain awesome

I don't currently own ZBrush, but I am saving for it

In the meantime, I use Sculptris with Blender and I must say, it does the trick Its not ZBrush, but its pretty amazing non the less :P

Here is my current WIP for the mixamo fantasy character contest:
    Current Sculptris wip (854322 tris)

And here is the Concept sketch

Any C&C is welcome
    Cheers!

New Member User Gallery

Never seen anyone use this workflw before, It will be interesting to see the results of this. Great concept btw

Senior Member User Gallery

hey man cool sculpt so far

New Member User Gallery

Looks good. Try to sharpen up the lines a little. Good to see a Sculptris Blender user.

Default re

Wrong ... Retopo for Low-poly ... then use the Paint mode in Sculptris to get your Bump Detail !

Member User Gallery

Default Little Update

Arinavar: Thanks I used the same workflow for cinematic characters such as this one, but this one needs to be a next gen game model so I will probably use X-Normals to generate AO map, cavity map as well as normal map

pabgo: thx man

Zenchuck: I will First things first though, the overall Detailing pass will come soon

justadeletedguy: I don't use the sculptris painting features because they aren't good. I use Blender directly with GIMP and it does the job for me And since this is for a game model with normal map, there is no point on painting bump maps :P

Here is the current update, I added a gigantic Bone club and a few non symmetrical details, will add much more of those soon

Any C&C is more then welcome
    Peace!

Awesome work bud , Keep doing sculpts like that and Pixologic might even give you a copy of ZBrush 5 to beta test

Member User Gallery

Default Update

Here is a little update, more details, more non symetrical details, more triangles (1 247 574 to be precise :P)
    Its starting to lag a lot, so I think I'll call this sculpt finished, now I can start my low poly and then UV it and transfer normals, AO, etc...

Cheers!

Member User Gallery

Default Clay Rendered Turn Table in Blender

Here is a quick clay turn table from blender internal render.

Cheers!

Member User Gallery

Default Update, Body Retopo done :)

I am struggling trying to finish on time. I have just finished the body retopo for game at 6824 triangles That leaves me with 8176 triangles for the kilt, the shoulder pads with straps as well as the weapon

Hopefully I'll be able to get the low retopo of all the pieces by morning so I can UV unwrap, bake normals and ao and paint my texture and spec map To then rig at last minute since I know I am quick at that :P

Cheers!
    Last edited by JLCG; 08-30-12 at 10:18 PM.

Cool character. Can't wait to see more.

New Member User Gallery

Really great work, especially the blender turntable view looks great. Did it take long to set this up? Seems I should dig further into blender
    Keep it up!

Member User Gallery

Default If you want more detail and aren't too worried about topology...

If you want to, you can design your sculpt in multiple higher detail pieces and use another free tool (MeshMixer... just search it on google if you want) to assemble your pieces in any way you want... it sort of adds a light version of Zbrush's mesh insert tool to compliment the superior sculpting tools in Sculptris. Just a thought if you really want to dig in and see how detailed you can make things... Doing things that way also allows you to build a library of character pieces to remix them into new characters or at least gives you a shortcut to a starting point for further sculpting if you've already created similar features for other characters. It's a long way from being as cool as having Zbrush 4r4, but but it's a thought for adding features to your toolbox.

I finally got Zbrush 4r4, and it rocks in it's massive flexibility, but sometimes if all you really want to do is sculpt; the simple interface of Sculptris lets you just focus on sculpting without getting sidetracked by the massive menu system in Zbrush. Half the time I start in Sculptris before using GoZ to use tools Sculptris just doesn't have. Here I am sounding like I'm old hat or something, when I'm pretty much brand new to the 3D scene period.... I simply think better in 3D when creating new characters... I do the opposite of a lot of people... I create my 3D characters to use for reference for my 2D paintings. As opposed to sketching out 2D references to work from when developing a 3D character.

Anyhow... cool sculpt. So far I'm reticent to show my sculpts... I'm getting decent though. I do have a background in real world sculpting as well, so that helps some... even if I do still just want to reach in and tweak the thing with my hands sometimes... lol

Keep up the good work
    "Art is a lie that tells the truth." ~Pablo Picasso
    Check out my deviantART account if you are so inclined: http://th3-gr3at-escap3.deviantart.com/

You should have left him as quads for the Retotpo, you'll see what I mean. ALT+J in edge mode Blender to get your quads back. Also, If you want to paint him in Sculptris, you wont be able to import your Baked Normal Map from blender. But if you render it as Bump Map (Black and White) then you can add them together in any image editor (Gimp or Paint.Net). Just remember your sculpted detail will be on your baked map, so just use your Painted bump map for fine details (skin wrinkles and veins). And you can't use externaly UV-mapped symmetry UV's in Sculptris, but you CAN paint half a model which has the same effect in the end. You just UV Map first then Save that, then delete half and save that as your Painter model.

Member User Gallery

ctran3d: thanks I haven't been able to finish it for the contest deadline

Fantasio: Thanks I took 5 mins to setup and about 1hr to render. Very simple, just load in the obj of your sculpt, move it over the horizon plane since it will most likely go through the ground after import :P, add a plane that you smooth and that becomes the pedestal, throw in a quick Minnaert shader, preferably white, with a spec of .2 or lower, then add a sun light, default values with ray shadow and also change the color to a very slight yellow/beige. Put Environment Lighting to .5 as well as AO of .5.

For the turn table animation, simply parent the sculpt to the plane and animate the plane rotation, render and voila!

The.Great.ESCape: Thanks Well, as far as the sculpt goes, I am pretty happy with it. But, it has too much details for a 2048x2048 normal map :S You should really draw to aid your sculpting as oppose to sculpt to aid your drawing really

justadeletedguy: thanks when doing game model, you have to triangulate, if they say, 15000 polygons, they really mean 15000 triangles. So that's why I triangulate as I go. Also, its best to bake normals onto the final geometry (In Game final Geo) as it will be a lot more accurate when played in the game engine. I don't use sculptris to paint textures, I prefer using blender directly, more features and more controls.

Since there is too much details for a very small normal map of 2048x2048, I will most likely make a High Res for cinematic out of him.

Thanks guys for the support and comments, I appreciate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast