(Ver 1.7 Updated 9/4/2012)
MatCap Baker automates the process of capturing MatCap data from a UV'd model to a Texture Map.
Process was originally covered in a Zbrush 3.5 Zclassroom video. http://www.pixologic.com/blog/2009/06/352/
Updated video for ZBrush 4 on youtube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS5glTYDYkw
This plugin is unofficial.
- Automatically generates a Baked MatCap texture from an UV'd model
- Will automatically generate a Texture Map from PolyPainting if one doesn't exsist
- Will automatically generate a Displacement Map if one doesn't exsist
- Additional Changeable Options:
- Flip UV on MatCap Texture Generation
- Automatically Open Export Dialog
- Generating Displacement for any Subdivision (useful if wanting to generate MatCap cavity maps)
- Set-able Texure Map Size to generate the Baked MatCap Map
- Ability to set Displacement Intensity before Baking
- Other features involving canvas sizing
- Resize Canvas to Match Texture Size
- Restore Original Canvas Size after Baking
UnZip the attached MatCapBakerV#.#.ZIP file to your \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R4\ZStartup\ZPlugs\ folder.
MatCap Baker will be located under the Zplugin tab.
v1.6: Initial Public Release
v1.7: Fixed error when interface UI button size is less then 40
Felt like doing a little ZScripting after Siggraph. This script is one I meant to create a long time ago and never got around to it. I am a pretty poor coder so please post and bugs/grammatical errors you find and I will attempt to fix them.
I have a few more ZScripts I hope to release in the next few days. Hope this one helps save some time!