ZBrushCentral

Missing Macros

Hi,
I often stumble across the issue that certain macros aren’t appearing in the macro menu despite them being in the correct folder and everything.
Oddly when I remove some others from the list they tend to appear or if I shorten the name of the macro they might do so as well.

I have about 15 or 20 macros in the menu - is that too many for Zbrush ? Also how can I get rid of issue that Zbrush just leaves the items out of the list if it can’t fit the button neatly into the menu ?

I think you need to save them to a subfolder of the ZStartup/Macros folder - either to the Misc folder, or create a new one. If macros are saved directly in the Macros folder then they won’t appear.

The only other reason (that I can think of) is if there is an error in the macro.

I’m not aware that there is a limit on the number of macros, though I have not tested this.

Thanks I worked around it by saving a stub macro right out of Zbrushs Macro Palette then pasting the contents of the Zscript inside that file. That solved it. No clue what was wrong.