Senior Member User Gallery

Default Missing Macros

Hi,
    I often stumble across the issue that certain macros aren't appearing in the macro menu despite them being in the correct folder and everything.
    Oddly when I remove some others from the list they tend to appear or if I shorten the name of the macro they might do so as well.

I have about 15 or 20 macros in the menu - is that too many for Zbrush ? Also how can I get rid of issue that Zbrush just leaves the items out of the list if it can't fit the button neatly into the menu ?
    Jens Kafitz
    Sr. Texture Artist, Weta Digital

Moderator User Gallery

I think you need to save them to a subfolder of the ZStartup/Macros folder - either to the Misc folder, or create a new one. If macros are saved directly in the Macros folder then they won't appear.

The only other reason (that I can think of) is if there is an error in the macro.

I'm not aware that there is a limit on the number of macros, though I have not tested this.

Senior Member User Gallery

Thanks I worked around it by saving a stub macro right out of Zbrushs Macro Palette then pasting the contents of the Zscript inside that file. That solved it. No clue what was wrong.
    Jens Kafitz
    Sr. Texture Artist, Weta Digital