1. #1
    New Member User Gallery
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Age
    29
    Posts
    23

    Default Geta-Ve's Sketchbook

    If I am doing this incorrectly please let me know, and or delete the thread. With that being said ...

    Hey my name is Mike J. and this is my thread that I will be using for all my WIP models, sculpts, etc. It's a 'sketchbook' you all know the drill.

    In regards to the type of feedback I'd like, any and all including everything from very harsh criticism to wonderfully nice compliments. I am here to learn afterall.

    ----------------------



    Now, what I am working on currently.

    Raphael Bust. Some things I am still working on with it, the traps will be less puffed out along the delt edges, and the mask knot is still very WIP (though, I dunno, I don't mind it so much right now). I also still have to add the bandanna threads. His jaw line may also change. Also, finally, the shell and the yellow chest piece (don't know the name right now).





  2. #2
    Senior Member User Gallery
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Loving were this is going, cant wait to see the finished product.

  3. #3
    New Member User Gallery
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Age
    29
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Hey truubluu! Thank you so much!

    Here is an update. So, obviously I added the rest of the bandanna, I adjust the facial wrinkles slightly, as well as his trap area like I had stated in my last post. I also moved the back of the deltoid down a bit. On top of that, there are a bunch of smaller minor adjustments here and there.






  4. #4
    New Member User Gallery
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Age
    29
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Hey folks. Here is my final update before I begin retopo and texturing. I am going to try using the topology brush, seeing as how I haven't used it before. If you guys have any tips I would love to hear them!

    One big issue I ran in to during the last part of this model was getting the fine cuts along the back/side and bottom of the model (ala a pedestal look). The clipping brush was giving me that squashing issue, so I ended up using the following procedure.


    • Merging all sub tools that need to be clipped/sliced together.
    • del lower subdivision
    • polygrouping them
    • Slice Brush where needed (do once slice at a time ... explained in a sec)
    • group split
    • delete sliced bits
    • split to similar
    • close hole (for each separate sub tool)
    • -- The close hole tool will not give intended results if you make multiple angled slices
    • merge down all your subtools
    • repeat process until you have all the proper slices you want


    when all is groovy, append the merged subtools to your main, del other, and voila.

    One caveat, the slice tool does not mirror, for whatever reason??, SO, in order to get around this you will have to go through another process of Mirror and Welding each individual piece (make sure to split apart your subtools first!! or else the verts will be welded).


    And with that, here is my semi final. Any critiques or comments are entirely welcome and wanted!




  5. #5
    New Member User Gallery
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Long Beach CA.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22

    Default Nice work dude!

    Hi Geta,

    I like your model, specially in the defined muscles! And im fan of the TMNT. So here i share with you one TMNT that i make in ZBrush.

    I think you enjoy to because its a TMNT!

    So here is the link:

    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...d=1#post971480

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •