Are there any Zscripts to help with Subtool Management or organization?
I was wondering if there are any zscripts to help with subtool management or organization? I've tried NickTools but finding it very slow.
I know all the tricks to helping with management but it's not enough to manage 80-100 subtools efficiently.
I accidently hit 'Auto Reorder' on an unsaved ZTL the other day and after trying to re-sort 65 SubTools I wrote another Zplugin.
This one has a sorting function that will sort any visible SubTools to the bottom of the SubTool list. It also has the option to rename the tools (the rename is still a slow function b/c it has to export out a *.dat file and import it back in to rename the Subtool.) Finally I also added the option to rename and sort as well.
Anyhow it may be of some use; i'll probably post the tool it's own thread in the coming days.
Wow! Awesome! *but when I try to rename stuff it doesn't work in 4R5...
This is exactly what zbrush needs! This should have been a top row post!
The only thing is... I just updated to 4R5 and the rename feature doesn't seem to work. When trying to use it I get this error.
...or maybe I did not install it correctly?
Thanks again, subtool organization has been always been a bit of a chore, but this helps a lot.
Originally Posted by Piggyson
@weirdy: Questions for you =) What OS were you running the plugin in? Windows, or OSX? Also where there any subtools that were named the same or that were perhaps duplicated? (I haven't made a full post on the plugin b/c I haven't extensively tested it. I ran a few models through it and a few tests with the 'Demo Soldier'. )
Any info you can supply while running it (in relation to the error) is greatly appreciated
Will do! Sorry for the delayed response...
I'm running Windows 7 - 64 bit on a Dell. My copy of ZBrush is legit and up to date.
I played around with it a bit tonight, but with not much luck.
Group visible subtools works and is pretty dang handy as it is. When I try either of the "rename" functions, I get the following error.
ZScript Note: Specified execute-file could not be found.
I tried different variations on naming conventions and don't think that has an effect on it.
I'll play around with the plug in a bit more. Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks again for developing this. Hopefully you can get the bugs worked out. I'd love to see it be a standard plug-in. Like I said, Group Visible Subtools alone is pretty handy...
Try running ZBrush as an Administrator; some of the scripts use a Zbrush *.dll file (another example of this is Transpose Master.) If you are not running as Administrator ZBrush won't be able to access the *.dll. Let me know if that doesn't solve the issue =)