Member Follow User Gallery

Arrow Are there any Zscripts to help with Subtool Management or organization?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there are any zscripts to help with subtool management or organization? I've tried NickTools but finding it very slow.
    I know all the tricks to helping with management but it's not enough to manage 80-100 subtools efficiently.

Cheers,

Mike N

Super Moderator Follow User Gallery

Hey Mike,

I accidently hit 'Auto Reorder' on an unsaved ZTL the other day and after trying to re-sort 65 SubTools I wrote another Zplugin.

This one has a sorting function that will sort any visible SubTools to the bottom of the SubTool list. It also has the option to rename the tools (the rename is still a slow function b/c it has to export out a *.dat file and import it back in to rename the Subtool.) Finally I also added the option to rename and sort as well.

Anyhow it may be of some use; i'll probably post the tool it's own thread in the coming days.

-Joseph
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Wow! Awesome! *but when I try to rename stuff it doesn't work in 4R5...

This is exactly what zbrush needs! This should have been a top row post!

The only thing is... I just updated to 4R5 and the rename feature doesn't seem to work. When trying to use it I get this error.

[FileExecute,[Var,dllPath],"FileDelete"fileName]

...or maybe I did not install it correctly?

Thanks again, subtool organization has been always been a bit of a chore, but this helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Piggyson View Post
    Hey Mike,

I accidently hit 'Auto Reorder' on an unsaved ZTL the other day and after trying to re-sort 65 SubTools I wrote another Zplugin.

This one has a sorting function that will sort any visible SubTools to the bottom of the SubTool list. It also has the option to rename the tools (the rename is still a slow function b/c it has to export out a *.dat file and import it back in to rename the Subtool.) Finally I also added the option to rename and sort as well.

Anyhow it may be of some use; i'll probably post the tool it's own thread in the coming days.

-Joseph

@weirdy: Questions for you =) What OS were you running the plugin in? Windows, or OSX? Also where there any subtools that were named the same or that were perhaps duplicated? (I haven't made a full post on the plugin b/c I haven't extensively tested it. I ran a few models through it and a few tests with the 'Demo Soldier'. )

Any info you can supply while running it (in relation to the error) is greatly appreciated

-Joseph

Default Will do! Sorry for the delayed response...

Hi Joseph-

I'm running Windows 7 - 64 bit on a Dell. My copy of ZBrush is legit and up to date.

I played around with it a bit tonight, but with not much luck.

Group visible subtools works and is pretty dang handy as it is. When I try either of the "rename" functions, I get the following error.

ZScript Note: Specified execute-file could not be found.
    SCRIPT: SubtoolOrganizer.txt
    [FileExecute,[Var,dllPath],"FileDelete",fileName]

I tried different variations on naming conventions and don't think that has an effect on it.

I'll play around with the plug in a bit more. Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks again for developing this. Hopefully you can get the bugs worked out. I'd love to see it be a standard plug-in. Like I said, Group Visible Subtools alone is pretty handy...

-Ryan

@Weirdy,

Try running ZBrush as an Administrator; some of the scripts use a Zbrush *.dll file (another example of this is Transpose Master.) If you are not running as Administrator ZBrush won't be able to access the *.dll. Let me know if that doesn't solve the issue =)

-Joseph

Any chance of updating this plugin to 4.7? The current version doesn't work any more (64 or 32 bits), even when it shares libraries with the same name than the new nanotile plugin.

Thanks!

@Altea: Try these Note if this plugin may fail if you have subtools that have the same name.

ZBrush 4R7 32bit:
    UnZip the attached SubtoolOrganizer_v1.3_x32.ZIP file to your \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs\ folder.
    Restart ZBrush.
    Subtool Organizer will be located under the Zplugin tab.

ZBrush 4R7 64bit:
    UnZip the attached SubtoolOrganizer_v1.3_x64.ZIP file to your \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs64\ folder.
    Restart ZBrush.
    Subtool Organizer will be located under the Zplugin tab.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks! It works now.

It would be great if in the future you can add also something that adds before or after the current name instead only overwriting it. But in any case obviously I'm very happy with your excellent plugins.