New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Shapes wont delete! Help!

I was trying to make a little figure for a short video game i am trying to work on. So when i got to making the legs i made two new shapes using "create new shape" and the "symmetry" tool, so i would get one on each side. And they worked fine but i wanted to move them out of the way for a second so i could extend the body because it ended up looking too stumpy. So i move them to the sides, edit the body, then when i go to select them again i cant! When i click on them, it selects the arms of my character. The shapes are not anywhere near the arms. I want to delete them, but i cant select them to do that!

I'm stumped as to what the problem is, i tried restarting everything but still i just cant seem to delete them. And i tried undoing before i restarted but, it would only undo as far back as when i started editing the body, after i moved them away.

Its annoying me really badly because it was the first thing i had done in sculptris that actually looked any good! I dont want to have to start again, because i had tried making this guy about five times before i was happy, and now its broken.

Can any one help? It would be much appreciated! Thanks!

~WhiteMoose

The legs are a different object than the main body, correct? You can select the main body and hit Ctrl + C to copy it. Open a new scene, delete the new sphere and paste (Ctrl + V) the body. Save as a new file. Close and open back up your original file with the messed up legs. Repeat the steps to copy and paste any other separate parts you want to keep in the new file.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default re

He probably got stumped with the Auto-mask. When you first import a new sphere (or whatever) Sculptris will auto-mask everything else so you can move and scale it into place. Notice the color get darker for the masked objects. When in a tool that will effect shape, if you click on any of the other objects, Sculptris will unmask it and mask the other stuff. This can be helpful but also frustrating for noobs. You can Mask everything (CTRL+D) and unmask everything (CTRL+A).

There's also a Hide feature, You can hold "H" and click a piece to hide it, or hold "H" and click and drag a box to hide part of an object. Then hit CTRL+H to unhide all ....