Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Hiding faces via script

Hi,
    with the new MultiInsert Brushes I am playing around with making tilebable geo.
    I start with the Default Zbrush Plane, then apply MultiMeshes. Now I want to basically do something like an offset in Photoshop. So I duplicate the Plane 4 times, then use the "Flatten" Deformation and an Offset Deformation on all 4 Subtools to reshuffle the Pieces, then fill in the gaps. I do either a document grab or save a morph target, flatten the plane in Y and extract. Both gives pretty decent results.

However flattening milliones of polys on the side is really wasteful (pic 3) so I am trying to figure out how I can actually do hide and delete exactly 25% of each subtool (from each corner). I am wondering if I can hide via script ?

Since I am always starting with the default plane I should be able to get it somehow right ? It obviously can't rely on screenspace since I want to turn this into a macro I can easily launch but maybe something based on the axis of the object ? Any ideas ?

Thanks,
    Jens

Jens Kafitz
    Sr. Texture Artist & Environment Artist

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Shoot, that was meant to go the the Scripting Help Forum. Sorry. Admins can you move over please ?
    Jens Kafitz
    Sr. Texture Artist & Environment Artist