ZBrushCentral

GoZ and Cinema 4D R13 problems.

Hi,

The first problem is one I’ve had from the start with GoZ. I have a scene created in C4D which consists of a couple of objects. Now when I go to send the objects to ZBrush I get the following error for some objects.

“Object1” already exists in the current GoZBrush project. The object will be renamed “Cube”

There is only one “Object1” in the scene so I don’t know why it states this message.

The other problem is that sometimes it doesn’t send all of the objects over, and when it does, some of them are in the wrong place.

Any ideas appreciated.

Ive had the same problems since goz first came out ! Ive tried renaming to something thats not in the goz folder, and it still renames , it acts like it serches all your ztools for a duplicate,not just the goz folder, Just installed 4r4 today will try in it and see what happens. I have just been dealing with it ! Not enough of us c4d users !later DJ

Glad I’m not the only one.

I’ve tried renaming too, and I’ve also cleared the cache files from the ZBrush preferences menu but it doesn’t help.

It’s the same for me with R4, and it appears to be an issue with the C4D side of things, as ZBrush will send to C4D without problems.

I’m also baffled as to how some objects are imported in the wrong place when sent from C4D to ZBrush.

It seems ok now in ver 4r4 that just came out, also I am using r13! am at djpixal1 at hotmail dot com if ya ever want to discuss issues , seems us c4d zbrush users are a small group!

Ok mate, thanks for the update.

I’m just coming back down to earth after reading up on Cinema4D 14 and the built in sculpting tools. Go and have a look at the Maxon site if you haven’t already done so, it’s impressive and I didn’t expect that.

R14 , am just catching up on r13 character stuff ! thanks will check it out!

Hi,

I’ve also the same problem with the same name into Zbrush.
Why can’t i start totally new with a renew model with a complete new name?

Why is Zbrush remember things too much? So that i must initialize complete? :confused:

I’m using 4r4 and also here C4Dr13 will gave this GoZ note that name already exists… pfff.
Why not new name? And is there a sollution? :slight_smile:

Thank you all!
Happy Zbrushing ,
Danatomy

I use Zbrush 4r4 and Cinema 4d 12 and is happening to me too.

It doesn´t matter if i rename all the objects in a clean scene to random and unsense words that is impossible that i have already in all the files of all my computer… GoZ averytime tells me that there is already another file called “aosdfygyh66a7s8a9s” and must rename. Renames but the mesh doesn´t appear in Zbrush, so is an unusable tool for me :frowning: :td:

Same problem here with 4R4 and C4D R13… It’s going to get annoying trying to move objs around in the right place xD

…been dealing with the same issue… 4R5 with R13. Anyone has a solution ?

Well,

I think I managed to do something about it. It’s not elegant, but it looks like it works.

When using the GoZ script in C4D, it assign a “GoZ_CONTAINER_ID” to each object. Basically, this ID is the path to the temp files the script creates. For some reasons, it seems that it sometimes gets messed up. So I wrote this little script, that reset the “GoZ_CONTAINER_ID” for the selected object.

Now, I kept it simple so it most be used on one object at a time.

You just have to unzip and drop this in your Cinema4D script folder.

Let me know if this is of any help to you. Worked for me so far.

J.

Perfect. This worked instantly. Thanks loads

Hi there,

I´m still running R12 and stay still glad with it.

I solved the problem with the names going vice versa. That means: I bring the model from C4D to ZB by GoZ, and then I rename the model in ZBrush.

Not really elegant, but it works…

Greez,

Stephan

hi jkemp
I am using zbrush4r7 and c4d 17. i am suffering the same problem, and downloaded your script and unZip into script folder and then restart program. However, it still doesn’t work. Do you and Does anyone know that problem?

Same here. osx 10.11, c4dr17 and Z4r7p3.

—h

The script work well in R17 & ZB4R7 but you need to run script object by object