Super Moderator Follow User Gallery

Lightbulb Insert Multi Mesh Repository

Share your Insert Multi Mesh Brushes!

Now that ZBrush 4R4 is out, we're excited to see that some artists are already starting to contribute IMM Brushes to the community. These are an extremely powerful feature in the new release, letting you easily build brushes for specialized purposes -- anything from parts to build a spaceship to facial parts or various types of stitches for clothing. The sky's the limit!

In order to maximize the benefit of sharing IMM Brushes with the community, we've created this thread. Please post your IMM Brush creations here. Be sure to include a description of the brush, one or more illustrations showing what it does and what its options are, and a download link.

Don't forget that ZBrush also allows you to create custom icons for your brushes and with ZBrush 4R4 you can also add your name and website URL! (See page 69 of the ZBrush 4R4 What's New PDF included in your Documentation folder.) This makes sharing your IMM Brushes an excellent way to build recognition for yourself as an artist!

We can't wait to see what kinds of brushes you create and share in this thread.

Happy ZBrushing!

In order to keep this thread serving primarily serving as a library, please DO NOT post questions here. We have created a special thread for that, which you can find By Clicking Here

Thanks!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Finally ZBrush has brought true kit bashing to the digital age! How cool is that?

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE 2 BRUSHES

P.S. Just wanted to tell Mike Pov. thanks for all the ZClassroom video's. These are really well done and I am learning a ton from you! Thanks to the Zcrew as well, amazing update! Thanks for all the hard work and dedication!

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

I think this is a great idea and thanks to Dargelos for coming up with it, Aurick for implementing it and Nick for hopping right in with seriously cool brushes!

Here is one I made, its not as fun as Nicks though:

And here is what it looks like sort of:

One other thing, as NickZ pointed out and I completely agree, the tutorials for this stuff are seriously wonderful, Thanks you guys!

///////////////////// I N S T R U C T I O N S ! ! ! \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Due to the need for some instructions on how to use modify and install these brushes here oddly enough are some instructions.

To install a brush so that it is in the Brush Pallet when you start up ZBrush you need to place it in your Brush Presets directory in your main Zbrush directory

For example on the PC running Windows 7 I place them here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R4\ZStartup\BrushPresets\

If someone will let me know where that is on the Macintosh I will include it here.

Ok, now to modify these brushes there are a couple of things to consider and I will start with Cxyda's leather strap brushes because they are a perfect example.
    You will find them in the next post down from this one, they are exelent.

As Gareee mentioned in his question above the leather straps at first seem to make only rings, this is because the Leather Strap Brush is actually MANY BRUSHES IN ONE. Its like a folder full of all sorts of strappy goodness with one icon.

So to see and use the other brushes you need to do this:

• Load the brush it self if you have not already done so.
    • Select it in the Brush Pallet on the left side of the ZBrush window.
    • Go into the Brush Menu at the top of the ZBrush window.
    • Hit the Modifiers Button, this opens a sub-pallet.
    • In the Modifiers sub-pallet you will see an icon that looks like a ring and is called Circle_connector, that is one element of this brush.
    • Click the icon.
    • You should now see and be able to select all sorts of different straps.
    • Click one of them and try drawing with it.

See how one brush can now be a folder full of other brushes? Its seriously amazing and cool.

The other ways you can use and modify these brushes are detailed in a series of nine tutorial videos located here:
    http://www.pixologic.com/zclassroom/...rt-mesh-basics

I seriously recommend these, they are very very good and if I were to type everything I learned from them here this post would be a few hundred feet long because I am long winded and never ever shut up...

Cheers,
    Mealea
    Last edited by MealeaYing; 07-29-12 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Screwing about with the little fiddly bits......

Member Follow User Gallery

hey Guys! Awesome Topic !! Can't wait to see more stuff in here !
    Heres mine =) A Basic Leather Straps Brush. Hope you like it! Unfortunaly it seems like the Insert Mesh Brush feature kills the UVs :-( Is there a workaround for this ?

have fun with it !
    Attached Files Attached Files
    visit my sketchbook and drop me some comments :-)
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...a-s-Sketchbook

I missed this one, here the spring.

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Glenn aka SpiritDreamer got me thinking about Anteaters, and that led to Spiny Anteaters which naturally led to Pangolins and THEY got me curious about weather I could make a Pangolin brush, it turns out I can and it took about 10 minuets.
    I would not say that this is finished but as it is its quite interesting and fun.

Thanks Glenn for the inspiration.... again!

UromanisTetradactyla-a0.1.zip

Last edited by MealeaYing; 07-28-12 at 05:32 PM.
    nope...
    I don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it anyway.

What directory are you supposed to store them in so that zbrush has them when it launches? Zdata?

oops please remove the post than. But add that to the first post.
    Reply With QuoteReply to Thread

Great idea opening a thread for this!

Here are the brushes I made so far...

cheers!

This thread is awesome!

Can't wait till my school upgrades to 4r4 to get my hands on it to test all those nice new features and all of your fancy brushes.
    Hope i can build something too to share then.
    Zbrush & Cintiq 24hd = endless love

Big things have small beginnings ...

I tried the leather straps brushes, and all I got was a link of rings.. did I miss a setting? Also where are these supposed to be stored at, folder wise? I can't seem to locate any installed ones at all, unless none were installed in the update.
    Last edited by Gareee; 07-29-12 at 10:07 AM.

Here is a Multi Mesh that I hope is helpful. Quickly add primitives from a single brush. Enjoy!

Insert Primitives.zip
    Last edited by wickedfool; 08-01-12 at 08:23 AM.

Hola! many thanks for all this people, see ya !

This thread is going to be awesome (it already is, thanks for sharing guys)

For those who might not have explored the program yet, I'd just like to also recommend opening Lightbox and checking out some of the Beta Tester brushes that are tucked away there.

Default Another way to store and utilize these cool new brushes.

Just to follow up a little on MealeaYing's great post above:

If you don't want to keep these cool new new IMM brushes in your brush preset folder here's an alternative.

You can create another folder in the 4r4 folder, I named mine 'ZInsertBrushes'. (note: In Windows 7 that would probably be located here: Computer>Local Disk (C)>Program Files (x86)>Pixologic>Zbrush 4R4. The new folder will just be in there along with the ZTools, ZProjects, ZBrushes etc.
    To access those new brushes while your working on a project just open the 'Brushes Pallet' and click the 'Load Brush' button in the lower left corner. Then browse to your new folder, select the IMM brush of your choice.
    If the IMM brush you select has multiple parts or tools in it, hit the hotkey M to see all the options. Then click on the one that you need for your project and draw it out.

Thanks so much to all of you folks making and posting these new IMM brushes. So generous with your time.

Have fun all.

Ezra
    Last edited by EZRA52; 07-29-12 at 03:10 PM.

Member Follow User Gallery

Default Retro Robot claw arm

Not sure if this would be useful for anyone, but this was my first try at doing the triparts insert mesh. It's just a simple robot arm like the ones on the old Lost in Space robot:

RobotClawArm.zip
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	robotarms.JPG 
Views:	349 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	316829  

Page 1 of 35 12341025 ... LastLast